Write up

So, I have a new supervisor. Anyway, he was writing me up for a damage and someone I don't know was listening in. My sup said that I didn't get the damage recently, he said I got it sometime this month... maybe. But ever since I got my warning letter for damages, I've been setting everything aside to be taped up. Even if there was a little hole (just to be on the safe side). So I asked him how could this be? And he said "it's not your fault they always get jammed in the chute". But I told him I don't load damages and asked him what that even means. Does it possibly mean the contents inside were damaged?

But he said "Don't worry you're not in trouble or anything"

Anyway, I signed it. But the guy eavesdropping behind us said "why did you sign it?" and then he started cussing out my sup for deceiving me and saying he didn't do the procedure properly and he should have just verbally warned me. He told me that I didn't have to sign anything.

They he told my sup to switch over to another shift. My sup asked why. And he responded "So I can :censored2: up your area and dump all the packages". My supervisor got really angry and said "What's your name!??? WHATS YOUR NAME!?" And he said "I don't know" and walked away.

I don't know whose side to take. I like my supervisor, he's a nice guy. But... was the guy that pissed off my supervisor, right?

Edit: I think the eavesdropper was talking about the steward not being there or something

Edit 2:
Also I remember my warning letter claimed that I had a talk with my full time supervisor and some other guy. But that never happened.

Are they allowed to do that?

Last edited:

undies

You need to talk to a shop steward. Any discipline should be in front of a steward to prevent shenanigans.

T

Turdferguson

So, I have a new supervisor. Anyway, he was writing me up for a damage and someone I don't know was listening in. My sup said that I didn't get the damage recently, he said I got it sometime this month... maybe. But ever since I got my warning letter for damages, I've been setting everything aside to be taped up. Even if there was a little hole (just to be on the safe side). So I asked him how could this be? And he said "it's not your fault they always get jammed in the chute". But I told him I don't load damages and asked him what that even means. Does it possibly mean the contents inside were damaged?

But he said "Don't worry you're not in trouble or anything"

Anyway, I signed it. But the guy eavesdropping behind us said "why did you sign it?" and then he started cussing out my sup for deceiving me and saying he didn't do the procedure properly and he should have just verbally warned me. He told me that I didn't have to sign anything.

They he told my sup to switch over to another shift. My sup asked why. And he responded "So I can :censored2: up your area and dump all the packages". My supervisor got really angry and said "What's your name!??? WHATS YOUR NAME!?" And he said "I don't know" and walked away.

I don't know whose side to take. I like my supervisor, he's a nice guy. But... was the guy that :censored2: off my supervisor, right?

Edit: I think the eavesdropper was talking about the steward not being there or something

Edit 2:
Also I remember my warning letter claimed that I had a talk with my full time supervisor and some other guy. But that never happened.

Are they allowed to do that?

Never sign anything.

HardknocksUPSer

Never reply to a sup without a steward present, first ask if it's for a disciplinary action, if the sups says yes and you ask for a steward and don't receive one reply to the questions with "i cannot anwser that at this time without a union steward available" not just once but say it every single question that's asked. Always refuse to sign anything without a steward, it's not a matter of if they can do things to you because they can, it's a matter of if you let them, if you feel like your in any way being over supervised and or harassed/intimidated don't hesitate to file, UPS loves paper, give them some grievances. If you feel as if your sup is distracting you while your working don't hesitate to tell him/her to leave your work area because he/she is distracting you. Goodluck.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Did he see you throwing , tossing , kicking or stepping on a pkg to damage it ????
If no , which I hope is your answer , tell him your not his scape goat and you let your Steward know tonite !!!
Let me make this clear ,,, no sup is your buddy !!!!