WTF? UPS stock down 10 bucks today

Overpaid Union Thug

These are grayish blue Amazon fleet vans with logos. Rolling out around 7-7:30.

Those are mostly their version of FedEx Ground. Contractors but get loaded with whatever they can handle and push the rest onto the Flex drivers. That allows them to start them early and get them out the door without having to worry about stops getting left behind.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those are mostly their version of FedEx Ground. Contractors but get loaded with whatever they can handle and push the rest onto the Flex drivers. That allows them to start them early and get them out the door without having to worry about stops getting left behind.
Please try to stay on topic. This is ups discussions. There is a separate section for competition discussion.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
dow down slightly. S&P up slightly. Ups down from 114 yesterday to 105 today. JFC. One step forward, three steps back. This stock is sheet. Don’t even know why I continue to buy. Money would be better served in 401K
Once fully autonomous big rigs are implemented, how many of these robot trucks will be ran off the road and robbed blind?

Box Ox

Once fully autonomous big rigs are implemented, how many of these robot trucks will be ran off the road and robbed blind?

I dunno. Might be packed with interior/exterior cameras and be able to automatically alert local law enforcement if something goes wrong. Can’t hold up the vehicle electronics like you can a human driver.

Round the block again

When I was in driver training many years ago, they told us Fedex cannot catch up with ups because we invested so much in technology. Today they’re expecting the same thing - Amazon can’t catch up with Ups because we invested so much in technology. The people in the cubicle clearly don’t know what’s going on !

clean hairy

When I was in driver training many years ago, they told us Fedex cannot catch up with ups because we invested so much in technology. Today they’re expecting the same thing - Amazon can’t catch up with Ups because we invested so much in technology. The people in the cubicle clearly don’t know what’s going on !
UPS invests in technology that does not work.
The others will invest in technology that DOES work, and that is where big problems will occur.

ManInBrown

Anyone know if this is true? Doesn’t seem plausible to me but maybe this driver was correct. Someone told me back in the day you got the lowest stock price for that quarter on the day it was purchased. So they stil purchased the stock on the 4 designated days of the year, but you didn’t get the price that day, you got the lowest price from that quarter

ManInBrown

Stock was buried in the low $90’s for the better part of the last 2-3 months. Week before the quarterly purchase it surges upward, now at $103.27

Lol. Couldnt make it up if you tried. Wouldve loved to snatch it up at $90

Brownslave688

Stock was buried in the low $90’s for the better part of the last 2-3 months. Week before the quarterly purchase it surges upward, now at $103.27

Lol. Couldnt make it up if you tried. Wouldve loved to snatch it up at $90
Was a much better deal when it was 10% off the lowest price of the quarter

ManInBrown

Was a much better deal when it was 10% off the lowest price of the quarter
Yeah. Someone else told me it used to be 10%. Tell me is this one is true. Had a driver say to me that back in the day, you got the lowest stock price for that quarter. What ever the lowest price was that quarter on any day. Not the price on the day it was purchased. I call BS. That sounds crazy. Was he right?

Brownslave688

Yeah. Someone else told me it used to be 10%. Tell me is this one is true. Had a driver say to me that back in the day, you got the lowest stock price for that quarter. What ever the lowest price was that quarter on any day. Not the price on the day it was purchased. I call BS. That sounds crazy. Was he right?
Yes that’s literally what I said in my post lol