You can call me "Bender"...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
....as in "dont mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." That is an obscure movie quote that ought to be recognizeable to anyone who was going to high school in 1985. A Brown Cafe "attaboy" goes out to the first person who knows what movie I'm talking about. Its also the situation I found myself in yesterday when this guy and 6 of his buddies surrounded the package car and wouldnt get out of my way. One of them actually "butted" the rear bumper spring. Thank God it didnt leave a mark, or I would have had to call in a "hit while parked" accident and spend the next month regurgitating safety drivel every morning.:sick:
bull.jpg

soberups

I have been tempted to ask my Center Manager if "Barry Manilow knows that he raided his wardrobe."

I have chosen instead to remain silent.:happy-very:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
....as in "dont mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." That is an obscure movie quote that ought to be recognizeable to anyone who was going to high school in 1985. A Brown Cafe "attaboy" goes out to the first person who knows what movie I'm talking about. Its also the situation I found myself in yesterday when this guy and 6 of his buddies surrounded the package car and wouldnt get out of my way. One of them actually "butted" the rear bumper spring. Thank God it didnt leave a mark, or I would have had to call in a "hit while parked" accident and spend the next month regurgitating safety drivel every morning.:sick:

If he's in the road, I run him over. Call sup to report accident, pickup the roadkill and take it to the local butcher shop.
Happy grillin' for the next month.

DorkHead

High school? In 1985 I already had 1 yr. at UPS under my belt.

soberups

Damn, you beat me. I watched that movie so much, I knew every word. Bender. What a great name for him. I loved that movie. Memories.:happy-very:

There are quotes from that movie that I actually refer to as "Bender-isms".....

"Without lamps there would be no light."

"Its in Johnson's underwear"

"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

"Pathetic and sad...but social"

"I dont know, screws fall out all of the time. The world is an imperfect place"

"Yo, Ahab....you kipe my doobage?"

I was a senior in high school that year, and the Breakfast Club was a really big deal. It made a lot of kids I went to school with re-evaluate the cliques they were in and the predjudices they were holding on to. Plus, Molly Ringwald was pretty hot.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There are quotes from that movie that I actually refer to as "Bender-isms".....

"Without lamps there would be no light."

"Its in Johnson's underwear"

"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

"Pathetic and sad...but social"

"I dont know, screws fall out all of the time. The world is an imperfect place"

"Yo, Ahab....you kipe my doobage?"

I was a senior in high school that year, and the Breakfast Club was a really big deal. It made a lot of kids I went to school with re-evaluate the cliques they were in and the predjudices they were holding on to. Plus, Molly Ringwald was pretty hot.

I was a senior in '85, too. I agree the movie did have quite the affect on our generation. I hate cliques. And, like you say, there were some cuties in that flick. Emilio was quite the hunk, at the time.
Thank you for this thread. It has brought back very fond memories for me.:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
I'm not too much older than you guys, and I did see the movie. I just don't remember it being that good or lifechanging..... and I didn't think Molly was all that hot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not too much older than you guys, and I did see the movie. I just don't remember it being that good or lifechanging..... and I didn't think Molly was all that hot.

I think rather than lifechanging I would describe it as eye-opening. I knew there were cliques but didn't think they were that clearly defined. I thought it was a very good movie in which all of the characters worked well together. I did notice one central theme--they all hated their parents.

I also didn't think Molly Ringwald was all that hot. Now, Ally Sheedy...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ally Sheedy was really hot at the end !! I was out of H.S in 85 but thonght Molly was also hot, but not as hot as Pheobe Cates !!

images
Lifes the same,I'm moving in stereo !!

satellitedriver

I love the way a thread can morph, so quickly.
From Texas Longhorn cattle to fat lipped movie stars in 19 short posts.

Is moreluck comparing Molly to a cow?