Your most embarrasing or funny moment while on the job.

Hedley_Lamarr

At least twice I've been in the back sorting with the bulkhead door open and ripped a juicy fart or two only to find someone standing at the front of my truck waiting to talk to me. I thought it was funny.
I was out as a helper during last Christmas season, and the driver I was out with went in the back of the car to pee, he ripped a really loud fart, but ended up (soiling) himself. I heard PPPPPFFFFFTTTTTT, OHHH NOOOOO!!! So he called his sister to bring him new pants and skivies. It was pretty funny. Needless to say I declined to drive when he asked me to...

I was ready to return from my route and had put the chain on the rear door when i got a page from the center (showing my age a bit).They had a p/u that neede to be done.When I got to the dock I went thru the bulkhead door and slammed it,went to roolup the back door and realized it was chained.Now I am locked in the back of the car.At that time you couldn't open the door from inside.Ended up using the clip off my clipboard to remove the light above the door and reaching thru to release the doorchain...Really felt like a maroon.

S

say it ain't so

When I had to listen to a vet of 30+ years have to save his job by calling a client to tell his boss of lesser years that the client was satisfied with his performance as a sales rep.
It was a holiday party and the guy was mortified of losing his job with 1 kid in college and another about to go.

What the heck is wrong with you guys at UPS that you'd treat a 30 year vet this way?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
When I had to listen to a vet of 30+ years have to save his job by calling a client to tell his boss of lesser years that the client was satisfied with his performance as a sales rep.
It was a holiday party and the guy was mortified of losing his job with 1 kid in college and another about to go./quote]

Hate to break to you brother but its all about the numbers. With a brutal field like sales, it doesn't matter how long you've been with the company. Remember this guy has a boss that answers to another boss and so on..... Bottom line-is he contributing to the bottom line? if not sei-la-vie!

Rent this movie: "The Fan" starring Robert DeNiro, you'll see what I mean.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was the middle of winter and I was at my first stop and I heard this "R-r-r-i-p-p-p" and felt cold air rush up between my legs. I had split my pants right through the crotch. Good thing I had my thermals on. Called the wife and had her bring me another pair of pants and, yes, I kept delivering.

Ms.PacMan

I broke my nose in front of a telemarketing business, next to a hotel, on a very busy street. I gushed blood all over the front of my shirt, shorts and shoes and then bent forward and let the blood flow into my hands.

At least a dozen people ran to my aid and one lady said she would go get me something to stop the bleeding. She ran back into the bldg and seconds later ran back out to me with a maxi pad!

So there I was on this busy street, covered in blood, tilting my head back, holding a giant Kotex under my nose. Very embarrassing!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I broke my nose in front of a telemarketing business, next to a hotel, on a very busy street. I gushed blood all over the front of my shirt, shorts and shoes and then bent forward and let the blood flow into my hands.

At least a dozen people ran to my aid and one lady said she would go get me something to stop the bleeding. She ran back into the bldg and seconds later ran back out to me with a maxi pad!

So there I was on this busy street, covered in blood, tilting my head back, holding a giant Kotex under my nose. Very embarrassing!

Would have been worse if in a hurry she grabbed a used one!

hyena

Would have been worse if in a hurry she grabbed a used one!
Ahh dude did you have to say that lol thats sick! lol

I was delivering air on a saturday and I pull up to my stop. I go up the 4 or 5 steps to the house no problem ring the door bell and wait. When no one came I dr the package front porch and start to walk away as im going down the stairs I just slid like in a movie. My legs came like straight out in the air and I hit hard, fortuantly I was able to get up and walk away without any problems. When I looked up to see if anyone saw me about everyone at the fair ground gate was looking over. There was a fair going on and the house I delivered to was like right across the street from the main entrance. Yea that was embarrassing lol

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I was in the middle of a bout with kidney stones. (was cleared to work). Started to feel some pain to took some medicine...as the shift went on pain got worse so went to break room took some more for the pain. next thing i knew i woke up at my house in bed. I either passed out from med or pain. they called my wife helped load me in her car and she drove me home. i was off of work till i passed the stone:happy-very:

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I was covering a college rt and had a delivery to a frat house. the students were moving in so of course i had plenty of boxes clothes. As i pull up the frat boys were out side partying it up. I open the back door and pick up this enormous box and carry it to the house, place it by the door and swarmed by drunken frat boys. The owner of the box comes up to me and says "man that is a big package", to wich i replied "i am glad you noticed but i hope you dont say that to every guy who comes to your door". We all laughed and they started giving him a very very "hard" time

LiL"Comet"

I was always given a hard time while driving by other drvrs (men) being a female they told me I didn't have to do anything but pull up & they would come running.. I had a particular stop always had very heavy boxes and the dock high up. Normally never received any help but wasn't feeling very good so when a guy asked if he could get on the truck help me lift up my pkgs I gladly said yes. We both p/u the heaviest boxes then just before him getting back up on the dock I lost my footing fell backwards.

Picture this....... when I fell backwards he caught me by me setting on his lap, then he lost his footing on the step in truck he feel still holding on to me with his hands around my chest both hands positioned very firmly on my chest... boy he got more than a hand full that day...:blushing:

On the dock stood about 4 other guys with there mouth wide open, big eyes looking at one another. Once they seen I was OK then they all horse laughed asking they guy that caught me if he was going to be able to concentrate on his job the rest of the day?

From that day on they all were on the dock waiting for the opportunity to help me out in the truck, But there wasn't any chance that would happen again....

Needless to say how many times I was addressed with "What Can Brown Do For Me" by a customer, I would just smile and carry on....

A few years ago I was making a pick-up at an office building. I was behind on my pick-ups and walking with the usual 'sense of urgency' through the corridor heading back to the main entrance. I was entering the pick-up info in the diad as I walked and trying to spot a bathroom that I could use along the way. I found the bathroom and walked in, all the while paying most of my attention to the diad. It's funny because I didnt really think anything of the fact that there weren't any urinals in sight. There were only 2 stalls, one of which was occupied. So I went, took a quick leak, and was washing my hands when I heard a WOMANS voice behind me ask in a horrified tone "what the hell are you doing in here?". I was so embarassed I could have cried. I ended up delivering to that womans office several times in the time since then and she always makes a remark about it in front of whoever else might be there, so I have to keep reliving the embarassment over and over again. I would have liked to seen the womans face though. She's takin a dump or whatever, I come in the stall next to her, she can see my feet are a little large for a woman but the fact that I am pissing from a standing position is what really gave it away. Priceless!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm a swing driver and trying to crush the route, I'm doing. I'm grabbing pkgs and flying out of the car, up the walkway, onto the porch and sprinting back to the car full throttle. I get to this one house that has the gate positioned a little far for me to park and run. I decide to cut thru the Ficus hedges that are right in front of the porch. I fly in between the hedges, that barely have space between them, and l leave the pkg at the door. On the way back I again jump thru the hedges but as I emerge I feel something on my leg. I look down and there's a 3' long snake, (Black Racer), wrapped around my leg. I let out the biggest scream and start jumping around to shake it loose. The snake jumps off of me, scurries off and I jump back in the car and leave. I never cut thru those bushes again.:happy-very: