Your New Heathcare Is Worthless

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you take the trouble to read the "plan", it is nothing more than catastrophic coverage with a "preventive care" provision thrown-in to make it sound like you're actually getting something. What you're getting is another reaming.

thedownhillEXPRESS

If you take the trouble to read the "plan", it is nothing more than catastrophic coverage with a "preventive care" provision thrown-in to make it sound like you're actually getting something. What you're getting is another reaming.

And don't miss the part where they sneakily eliminated the individual deductible/Max out of pocket for your spouse or any children.
It's now an individual for the employee only.Your significant other or children will be subject to three times that amount even if its only one of them with a catastrophic or continuing medical condition.

And don't miss the part where they sneakily eliminated the individual deductible/Max out of pocket for your spouse or any children.
It's now an individual for the employee only.Your significant other or children will be subject to three times that amount even if its only one of them with a catastrophic or continuing medical condition.
Whats fedex going to do next? Pay toliets? bring your own tp?...lol

DontThrowPackages

They're hoping you opt out. "Hey government, we offer health care, they just don't want it. So no need for any monetary penalties, we did our part".:devil:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They're hoping you opt out. "Hey government, we offer health care, they just don't want it. So no need for any monetary penalties, we did our part".:devil:

Exactly. When you opt-out, they're on the hook for nothing. And there are a lot of people that are going to do this. Unfortunately, if you do happen to get ill, you are bankrupt. They could care less.

And I do know someone who opted-out last year, and had a stroke. They are definitely bankrupted, and probably also out of a job, since they were quickly displaced and can likely never return to a driving job again.

Just remember, "FedEx Cares".

CJinx

And don't miss the part where they sneakily eliminated the individual deductible/Max out of pocket for your spouse or any children.It's now an individual for the employee only.Your significant other or children will be subject to three times that amount even if its only one of them with a catastrophic or continuing medical condition.
Is there any evidence that this is intentional or is this just conjecture based on the wording? Has anyone actually asked??

Exactly. When you opt-out, they're on the hook for nothing. And there are a lot of people that are going to do this. Unfortunately, if you do happen to get ill, you are bankrupt. They could care less.

And I do know someone who opted-out last year, and had a stroke. They are definitely bankrupted, and probably also out of a job, since they were quickly displaced and can likely never return to a driving job again.

Just remember, "FedEx Cares".
If you opt out and don't have another plan lined up... That's your own fault.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is there any evidence that this is intentional or is this just conjecture based on the wording? Has anyone actually asked??

If you opt out and don't have another plan lined up... That's your own fault.

You need to get off the Kool-Aid now before it's too late. If someone cannot afford the FedEx plan, they can go out into the insurance marketplace and also get catastrophic coverage, for a similar price. Either way, a lot of people cannot afford it, which is the basic point you seem to be missing. The key word here is "affordable", and FedEx is doing another takeaway by pricing a lot of employees out of coverage.

If you can afford the Betty Ford Center, I hear they have a great Kool-Aid detox program. It costs $4,000 per day. Maybe your FedEx plan will pay for it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
CJinx - did you used to be Baghdad Bob by any chance? Always standing up for the regime regardless of the cold reality staring you in the face.

CJinx

How can you not afford the company plan? Both plans are cheap and it comes out of your paycheck. Even the package handlers can afford it.

CJinx - did you used to be Baghdad Bob by any chance? Always standing up for the regime regardless of the cold reality staring you in the face.
I just don't see how they are to blame for people opting out of coverage and then having that decision bite them in the ass when they get hurt or sick.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How can you not afford the company plan? Both plans are cheap and it comes out of your paycheck. Even the package handlers can afford it.

I just don't see how they are to blame for people opting out of coverage and then having that decision bite them in the ass when they get hurt or sick.

You really don't get it, do you? The reason people have to opt-out is that they simply cannot afford the ridiculous costs.

CJinx

I wonder if you opt out, is it good only until the next enrollment comes around?
As I understand it, no. If you take no action during the enrollment period, your coverage or lack thereof stays. With the switch to consumer plans next year, coverage defaults to the plan that closest matches whatever you had originally; choice to consumer choice, etc.

MAKAVELI

Are you that dense? Premiums for a family right now is almost $400 a month. Premiums are increasing not decreasing like the coverage. Is it that hard to understand that this is not affordable?

bbsam

Staff member
Are you that dense? Premiums for a family right now is almost $400 a month. Premiums are increasing not decreasing like the coverage. Is it that hard to understand that this is not affordable?
Why don't you go price it in the private market and compare the two? I think $400/month is pretty good.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I guess I don't, because I don't feel like the costs are ridiculous.

Have you actually seen the plan and read it? As Downhillexpress pointed-out, they have split-out "individuals" so your deductible is tripled if you have 2 dependents.

MAKAVELI

Why don't you go price it in the private market and compare the two? I think $400/month is pretty good.
It's supposed to be a benefit not a discount on a health ins plan buddy. This is no benefit. I can get similar coverage and costs through my state's health exchange. You are missing the point that FedEx is self insured and making a profit off of our premiums as well. This is the reason they want people who have health issues to drop coverage. So they can make even more profit off those premiums. Get it?

Last edited: