Your teamster friends who pass away

I have a lot of guys that I represent. I am always quick to put my arm around then or give them a hug. I do this in part because I care about people and especially my members. I also do this for management to see. Them seeing this shows how close some of us are. Me being the guy that has and will drop the hammer makes them think.

I started doing this because of a steward named Steve Onderjack who took me under his wing. He never did it but I did it to him. Management started to recognize this and it helped me gain respect. I do this now so the boss can see we are close. The member and I.

Steve is about to die soon and I'm really really sad because he took a chance on me and got me to where I am now. Great men at ups are fading but I will make Steve proud. Mark my words.

Inthegame

I have a lot of guys that I represent. I am always quick to put my arm around then or give them a hug. I do this in part because I care about people and especially my members. I also do this for management to see. Them seeing this shows how close some of us are. Me being the guy that has and will drop the hammer makes them think.

I started doing this because of a steward named Steve Onderjack who took me under his wing. He never did it but I did it to him. Management started to recognize this and it helped me gain respect. I do this now so the boss can see we are close. The member and I.

Steve is about to die soon and I'm really really sad because he took a chance on me and got me to where I am now. Great men at ups are fading but I will make Steve proud. Mark my words.
I'm pretty sure Steve is already proud of you.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

As a steward, there's nothing better than watching a guy (or lady) learn to stand up for themselves and then learn to stand up for others.

My condolences about your friend. He sounds like a stand-up guy.

He went last night at 2:50 am peacefully.

I know a lot of people will say this about their steward but he was one of the meanest sob's ups ever had to deal with. He was a legend in my area or district.

Once as a young buck coming up I had a center manager who wanted me real bad. He told me he was going to for sure get me off the payroll. I told this to Steve and he went over to his with a page of 1z numbers to the center manager that were intentionally soaked by management. The next day the said center manager came up and apologized. He said he wanted no problems with Steve. His words were "I'm sorry for what I said to you yesterday.

Steve=fear=respect
I miss my brother and love him very much

Ron Carey lives on

Being a steward can be a thankless job. Good to hear praise for the efforts they do. Late nights, early mornings trying to whats right. Panels, hard decisions, critics. Its takes a love for collective bargaining and a fire in your belly. R.I.P to the soldiers who fight on the front line everyday to police our contracts.

Sent using BrownCafe App