1% extra pay increase for not calling in sick all last year?

Mr Fedex

Banned
Yep. 100% right. Only way to get that 7.0 is to never miss a day of work. It's a joke and the explanation mgmt will give you is if you don't penalize people that call in sick then it's unfair to the people that don't miss any days.
Absolutely false.There is something called the attendance bonus.Look it up.As long as you dont call out in the last 6 months you get a 7 in the category

FedEx2000

All part of the game. How can anyone realistically not expect to be sick at all during the course of a year? Managers get 10 days of sick pay now, another slap across the face.

It's not really sick pay, since we're salary it doesn't really matter but we get paid the same either way......like when we work 16-18 hour days and don't get OT. And the 10 days is actually less than before, since it was for all intensive purposes "unlimited" before. BTW, I have not called in sick in 11 years, so yes it can be done......I guess I am just lucky that I don't get sick often.

FedEx2000

Absolutely false.There is something called the attendance bonus.Look it up.As long as you dont call out in the last 6 months you get a 7 in the category

Not exactly.....you get a bonus point if you haven't called in sick in the last 6 months. So if your Attendance/Punctuality score was a 6.0 or higher you would bump to a 7.0. If you were at say a 5.7, you would bump to 6.7.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Not exactly.....you get a bonus point if you haven't called in sick in the last 6 months. So if your Attendance/Punctuality score was a 6.0 or higher you would bump to a 7.0. If you were at say a 5.7, you would bump to 6.7.
So F2K,
It only bumps that one part of your score? The att./Punc. part?
I thought if your overall score was 6.0 and you hadn't called in sick in the past 6 months (or, 1 yr. or, whatever) that it would bump you total, overall score 1 point.

whenIgetthere

Know what you're talking about before you speak. You must drink gallons of the Kool-Aid every day

I have to agree with F4L. I called out once in 2010, got my review 8 months later, and that one sick day was forgiven because it had been more than six months, so I got a 7 for attendance. That was the first time I ever heard of it, though.

FedEx2000

So F2K,
It only bumps that one part of your score? The att./Punc. part?
I thought if your overall score was 6.0 and you hadn't called in sick in the past 6 months (or, 1 yr. or, whatever) that it would bump you total, overall score 1 point.

Correct, it only affects the att/punc portion of the review. Wouldn't really make sense to bump your VAN/POD compliance a point b/c you haven't called in sick in over 6 months. The exception rating can only be given on a per category basis, not as an overall to the review. But, the att/punc portion accounts for 25% of the review....the most heavily weighted category on there, so it can raise the review 0.2-0.5 pretty easily just b/c of the bonus point.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Thanks for the clarification F2K,
So, you're in the W. region, I'm in the W. region, I've gotten a 7 on my last two reviews and I'm bound for a 7 on the roll-up we're in now, what percentage of a merit increase am I gonna get in March? 3.5%?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, you're in the W. region, I'm in the W. region, I've gotten a 7 on my last two reviews and I'm bound for a 7 on the roll-up we're in now, what percentage of a merit increase am I gonna get in March? 3.5%?

"Due to higher fuel prices and lower than expected package volumes the March raise has been postponed indefinitely", or something similar, will probably come out of MT3's mouth very soon. Of course, MT3 won't be affected, but he'll be very "sorry".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
"Due to higher fuel prices and lower than expected package volumes the March raise has been postponed indefinitely", or something similar, will probably come out of MT3's mouth very soon. Of course, MT3 won't be affected, but he'll be very "sorry".

They're always are trying to tell us that package volumes are down but I'm hauling around more packages than ever and so is just about everybody else too. They've been giving us that sob story for years.

Higher fuel costs, one can believe that easily enough but it's also costing us employees more to drive to work.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They're always are trying to tell us that package volumes are down but I'm hauling around more packages than ever and so is just about everybody else too. They've been giving us that sob story for years.

Higher fuel costs, one can believe that easily enough but it's also costing us employees more to drive to work.

What's wrong with you? Caviar prices are through the roof, and do you know how much a private jet to Aspen costs these days? The Maybach needs detailing and the Bugatti is in the shop. Plus, Charlie Sheen is coming over for dinner and we're going to have to pay for a premium sack of cocaine.

Cactus

What's wrong with you? Caviar prices are through the roof, and do you know how much a private jet to Aspen costs these days? The Maybach needs detailing and the Bugatti is in the shop. Plus, Charlie Sheen is coming over for dinner and we're going to have to pay for a premium sack of cocaine.

Silly me. That's right.

I also forgot that the cost of "wining and dining" influential politicians that keep us under the RLA have gone up year after year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Silly me. That's right.

I also forgot that the cost of "wining and dining" influential politicians that keep us under the RLA have gone up year after year.

Yes, the cost of paying-off politicians has skyrocketed out of sight. That's why Fred moved to Washington, DC a few years ago. He gets to visit his money more often and see how it's working for him and against us.

Cactus

Yes, the cost of paying-off politicians has skyrocketed out of sight. That's why Fred moved to Washington, DC a few years ago. He gets to visit his money more often and see how it's working for him and against us.

He's probably residing in John McCain's spare bedroom.

FedEx2000

A 7.0 will get you a 4.5% increase effective March 7th.