15 year package driver taking a Supervisor position...

Braman55

I was wondering if anyone knew how UPS would calculate my pay. I want to go into the meeting with some idea of the process. Would appreciate any feed back you have to offer. Thanks!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sup pay is based on 45 hours a week times top driver pay if you are applying for an on-car sup.

Other positions pay less ... much less.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Be aware that the company no longer picks up the tab for the mandatory lobotomy and castration. Your union insurance will cover part of it, but there is a fairly large deductible that you will have to pay out of pocket for.

Johney

No offense to the OP,but why and the hell would someone with 15 years under his belt want to go into management now? I can maybe see a new guy,but all managers I talk to now are all miserable. Driving isn't much better but at least I can leave that place there when I walk out the door. Good luck buddy don't forget when calculating your pay to deduct some for your bennies they're not free anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My on-car also made the jump at the 15 year mark---he will be retiring in 5 days. If he had to do it over again, especially in today's UPS, there is no way that he would have made the move. However, he was able to put his 3 children through college and walk one daughter down the aisle thanks in part to his stock options.

CAFAL

There is an actual mathematical formula they use. Its the formula x years of service. Of course it also depends on you GM and DM. The rate is different for everybody. Good luck

Indecisi0n

I am sure every center is different and in my center there is no way in hell i would ever be management. They tried telling me when I was a casual that management was the only open position and if I wanted to apply i needed to write a letter. I never told them but I would have rather went jobless than be a manager. They out right degrade managers in front of the drivers. I don't know how such a big company gets away with this stuff in todays world.

over9five

Staff member
Only thing I can think of is maybe this person just can't physically do it anymore.
Yup, that could be. Isn't UPS trying to get rid of FT sups, tho? Technology is making a lot of their positions obsolete. I remember having 4 on cars in a 50 rte center in the past, now 2 can do it.
I suppose they can accept his letter and then keep him hanging for a few years. Seen it happen, he'll be the safety guy, do all the demos, some pcms. It's pretty embarrassing....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Be aware that the company no longer picks up the tab for the mandatory lobotomy and castration. Your union insurance will cover part of it, but there is a fairly large deductible that you will have to pay out of pocket for.

Don't forget the cost of attaching strings to his arms, legs and jaw.