$160,000 diamond for...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I once did a pickup from TCO, and it was worth upwards of $35,000, and the guy in the office admitted they only insured it for $10,000. I was hoping that it went missing after I picked it up so they wouldn't get paid.

upschuck

I once did a pickup from TCO, and it was worth upwards of $35,000, and the guy in the office admitted they only insured it for $10,000. I was hoping that it went missing after I picked it up so they wouldn't get paid.
Probably the difference between wholesale and retail prices.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Probably the difference between wholesale and retail prices.

No, he said it was worth the 35K, they just didn't want to pay for the extra insurance, and it was shipped Next day, so I guess they figured it wouldn't be in UPS' hands for very long, so the odds of anything bad happening were small

aiian

I had about a 35 lb. HV one day to be delivered (second attempt) to the rich and famous over on the island.

The woman had been calling about it all day and I probably received 1O ods messages asking for an ETA. When I handled it it sounded like grandma's fine china had been crushed so I was regretting the stop all day.

Long story short I finally made the attempt and the women came running out in obvious distress. Apparently she was in trouble from the husband because what was inside was "almost half a million dollars worth of his family's jewelry." and she was supposed to be home for the first attempt.

All poorly shipped - UPS ground from Cali to S. Florida.

Last edited:

upsgrunt

I had about a 35 lb. HV one day to be delivered (second attempt) to the rich and famous over on the island.

The woman had been calling about it all day and I probably received 1O ods messages asking for an ETA. When I handled it it sounded like grandma's fine china had been crushed so I was regretting the stop all day.

Long story short I finally made the attempt and the women came running out in obvious distress. Apparently she was in trouble from the husband because what was inside was "almost half a million dollars worth of his family's jewelry." and she was supposed to be home for the first attempt.

All poorly shipped - UPS ground from Cali to S. Florida.

Definately not the first time a wife wasn't careful with the family jewels.