2 young men stole FedEx truck & his gun... TX

HomeDelivery

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...veryman-stealing-truck-monday-afternoon.html/

well, that person who wrote the vague article sucks, because she didn't state which opco

but...

The men beat the driver before stealing his .40 caliber pistol, FedEx truck and the packages inside

why is the deliveryman carrying a .40 cal pistol while on-duty?

from google satellite maps, Oak Cliff, Dallas TX seems to be a decent suburbia

but on the other hand, they had a rash of Xmas thieves stealing parcels from people's doorsteps:

http://www.northoakcliffpatrol.org/uncategorized/holiday-thefts-in-north-oak-cliff/

oldngray

nowhere special
Its easy to steal a truck when the engine is left running at every stop. Why would they need to go to extra effort of beating up the driver?

CJinx

So if it had been a Ground driver would they have shaken his hand and supplied him with ammo?
I'm not sure if there is anything prohibiting employee of an IC/ISP from being armed on duty, except of course that they are not allowed to bring their weapons on company property.

STFXG

I'm not sure if there is anything prohibiting employee of an IC/ISP from being armed on duty, except of course that they are not allowed to bring their weapons on company property.

It's not allowed in the vehicles or while on duty. Termination if it was the contractor or if he had knowledge.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not allowed in the vehicles or while on duty. Termination if it was the contractor or if he had knowledge.

Sent using BrownCafe App

OK, so employees cannot have guns. Who tells the ISP that is a terminable offense? Why, that would be FedEx. More evidence that Ground drivers are de facto employees. Any smart labor attorneys out there? If FedEx cannot prove he had it with him on their property, they shouldn't be able to fire him because he was in a non-company truck working for a non-employee contractor. The contractor, if they were truly independent, would be able to establish their own policy regarding weapons. Instead, it is a FedEx policy that applies. Interesting how that works, isn't it?

HomeDelivery

the article didn't state which opco...

but, google "street view" threw me off; i didn't know that part of Dallas, Tx was "ghetto"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Oak Cliff

glad the driver got away safely though
----------------------------------------------------
i've covered some rural "nazi" style homes & was scared because i can't even get phone reception just in case...the homes w/ confederate & swastika flags on it... (& i'm in the northeast!)

at least the contractor knew which parts of the service area were the "problem houses" & told me to drop-n-run those stops off before dark...

Ground/Express has text capabilities, while HD doesn't so there's no way i can contact someone without knocking on a rural customer's home to use their landline phone ~ i'll try again with the alt-t function to see if the text box does show up tomorrow

i may prefer to deliver in the "ghetto" instead

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
First of all I always see these :censored2: FedEx idiots leaving their trucks running. If your dumb enough to leave your truck running with the keys running your an idiot, cause anyone could steal the truck, steal packages inside, or have a roll away like that jerknutt in the van like 2 weeks ago. Just saying that's the quality of employees FedEx hires I guess lol.