2 young men stole FedEx truck & his gun... TX

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by HomeDelivery, Apr 17, 2014.

1. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...veryman-stealing-truck-monday-afternoon.html/

well, that person who wrote the vague article sucks, because she didn't state which opco

but...

why is the deliveryman carrying a .40 cal pistol while on-duty?

from google satellite maps, Oak Cliff, Dallas TX seems to be a decent suburbia

but on the other hand, they had a rash of Xmas thieves stealing parcels from people's doorsteps:

http://www.northoakcliffpatrol.org/uncategorized/holiday-thefts-in-north-oak-cliff/

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

If that was Express, he'll probably be fired for carrying a gun while on duty.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

So if it had been a Ground driver would they have shaken his hand and supplied him with ammo?

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Its easy to steal a truck when the engine is left running at every stop. Why would they need to go to extra effort of beating up the driver?

5. starglacier

starglacier Member

5,000 bail what a joke!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

I use to live in Texas (Plano)... Oak Cliff is HOOD

7. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there is anything prohibiting employee of an IC/ISP from being armed on duty, except of course that they are not allowed to bring their weapons on company property.

8. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

because it's fun!

9. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

You bet. And driver released it too.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I also used to live in Texas (Lubbock)----I have no idea where Oak Cliff is.

11. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

It's not allowed in the vehicles or while on duty. Termination if it was the contractor or if he had knowledge.

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

it's a section of Dallas

13. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

While Plano isn't Oak Cliff, it's a well known area (not for its good, although they have been trying to revitalize it) for locals in the DFW area. Plano is just north of dallas.

14. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

OK, so employees cannot have guns. Who tells the ISP that is a terminable offense? Why, that would be FedEx. More evidence that Ground drivers are de facto employees. Any smart labor attorneys out there? If FedEx cannot prove he had it with him on their property, they shouldn't be able to fire him because he was in a non-company truck working for a non-employee contractor. The contractor, if they were truly independent, would be able to establish their own policy regarding weapons. Instead, it is a FedEx policy that applies. Interesting how that works, isn't it?

15. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

These ground stories just get crazier every week!
    Good job Fred!!

16. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

the article didn't state which opco...

but, google "street view" threw me off; i didn't know that part of Dallas, Tx was "ghetto"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Oak Cliff

glad the driver got away safely though
    ----------------------------------------------------
    i've covered some rural "nazi" style homes & was scared because i can't even get phone reception just in case...the homes w/ confederate & swastika flags on it... (& i'm in the northeast!)

at least the contractor knew which parts of the service area were the "problem houses" & told me to drop-n-run those stops off before dark...

Ground/Express has text capabilities, while HD doesn't so there's no way i can contact someone without knocking on a rural customer's home to use their landline phone ~ i'll try again with the alt-t function to see if the text box does show up tomorrow

i may prefer to deliver in the "ghetto" instead

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  17. 5yearsleft

5yearsleft Member

Why would you carry it if you're not going to use it???

18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Its better to have something and not need it than need something you don't have.

19. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Agreed. But what about the driver, who is going to get fired because FedEx has a policy against employees having guns on-duty?. He isn't an employee.

20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

First of all I always see these :censored2: FedEx idiots leaving their trucks running. If your dumb enough to leave your truck running with the keys running your an idiot, cause anyone could steal the truck, steal packages inside, or have a roll away like that jerknutt in the van like 2 weeks ago. Just saying that's the quality of employees FedEx hires I guess lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List