2011 COLA

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by bscott85, Jul 3, 2011.

1. bscott85

bscott85 New Member

by my calculations no COLA again

should be 3 cents, but

"These increases shall only be payable if they equal five cents ($.05) in a year"
  2. mamirk69

mamirk69 New Member

It has already been announced that there will be a .12 cent Cola raise this August.
  3. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

There are already two other threads on this topic.

We are getting 12 cents on August 1 based on the CPI-W Index which increased 4.1 percent. Not to be confused with the other CPI Index you may have seen in the news, that only increased 3.6 percent.
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Isn't there a mechanism that alerts you if you are starting a similar thread? I have seen it, I swear.
  5. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

I just started a new thread on ups discussions regarding texting while driving and didn't get any message about having been prior ones. I'm sure there were but I started a new one anyway. Rules be dammed - new threads are fun.
  6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Good point!!
  7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

There`s a thread on that topic next to the twelve threads on finding UPS socks.
  8. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

By my calculations you shouldn't be calculating anything!!!!!
  9. bscott85

bscott85 New Member

i've never been so happy to be wrong

i'm gonna be rich now!
  10. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

Take what you can get. I've been with Parcel since 89 and this is only the 3'rd cola i've gotton. $.38 in 22 years isn't going to make you rich but every little bit helps. Plus if the buzz about capping new employees is correct you can bet it won't include a cola. Only those of us here now will be grandfathered in. Also in the machinists contract part timers don't get cola's now. I don't know if the teamsters are like that also.

FAVREFAN Member

12. EyesLookingIn

EyesLookingIn New Member

Does this mean my union dues will go up again? LOL