22.3 Combo Job Question

mitchsmith

I have been a 22.3 Combo Ins/Air driver since 2000. I recently bid into a INS/INS Combo job. When I received my first pay check my pay for the same job that I was doing before and the new Inside job had been reduced by 3.00 per hour. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? Please respond with advice.

JonFrum

I have been a 22.3 Combo Ins/Air driver since 2000. I recently bid into a INS/INS Combo job. When I received my first pay check my pay for the same job that I was doing before and the new Inside job had been reduced by 3.00 per hour. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? Please respond with advice.
Are you making $25.365 all day? I believe that's the going "Top Rate" for full-time Inside/Inside Article 22.3 workers. [And for Article 22.3 Air Driving as well.]

If your previous Inside rate was three dollars more per hour, you lost it when you bid as an Air Driver Full-timer. Only long-time Part-timers are grandfathered at their higher rate (assuming they had a higher rate) when bidding into an Inside/Inside Article 22.3 job.

Maybe you can return to your old job and pay rate, especially since you didn't realize you would be taking a cut in pay?

ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 3. Full-time Inside Wages
". . . Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth below who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases.

Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the progression set forth below. A part-time employee shall not lose the red circle protection provided by this paragraph as a result of transferring from one full-time inside job to another full-time inside job."

mitchsmith

Thanks for the information. That is basically what I am being told. It just doesn't seem right. Maybe they will allow me to return to my old job. That is my only answer at this point.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thanks for the information. That is basically what I am being told. It just doesn't seem right. Maybe they will allow me to return to my old job. That is my only answer at this point.
Yes, I took a pay cut for an inside/outside job. You on the other hand, took a pay cut for inside/inside, since your company seniority rate is higher than the 22.3 FT top inside rate.