Is UPS Allowed to do this????

CanIFile

I’m a 22.3 PM/ Wash, and I bid on a job that was INSIDE/ INSIDE. Management and the Chief Steward said that I couldn’t start till after Peak Season had ended ( which I didn’t think they could do, but was told by a senior employee that they “could”, still question if I should be filing about that?), I was recently informed about a sister hub’s Day Sort closing and employees may follow work to the hub I’m currently at now. With all that being said could UPS take the job they awarded me away?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
4132608mZ0jwyr.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m a 22.3 PM/ Wash, and I bid on a job that was INSIDE/ INSIDE. Management and the Chief Steward said that I couldn’t start till after Peak Season had ended ( which I didn’t think they could do, but was told by a senior employee that they “could”, still question if I should be filing about that?), I was recently informed about a sister hub’s Day Sort closing and employees may follow work to the hub I’m currently at now. With all that being said could UPS take the job they awarded me away?
Seniority rules my friend

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yup

542thruNthru

I don't see how. You already won the bid. I'm assuming you have proof of that? Might want to call your local and speak with your BA.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you had the highest seniority of those who signed when the bid sheet came down then the job is yours. Management has been known to delay the transfer until after peak though.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Management has also be known to alter jobs once someone starts it.
I had a inside/inside that on the wim of the manager frequently became something else when someone called in sick.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I won a classification transfer bid into porters during the first week in December. They didn't allow me to take the job until January 15th the following month. Didn't want to lose a driver during peak. I made them pay for that decision in my own way.