22.4 Question, Vets come help please and thank you

AKCoverMan

First of all, you need to develop a bit thicker skin if the RPCD comments are irritating you. We tend to give each other a decent amount of good natured 💩. Learn to throw it back as good as they throw it at you!

As to sheeting.. do not sheet five packages at one resi stop as five individual stops. Yes you get five times as much time allowance but in reality it takes longer especially with DIAD 6. It’s obvious and trackable. If caught they will accuse you of dishonesty and stealing time. (If you steal time, what do you carry it in?)

Don’t put too much thought into trying to game their silly numbers system. Your performance will not earn you a promotion, it’s simply a waiting game on the seniority list. Cheers!

Addy1395

First of all, you need to develop a bit thicker skin if the RPCD comments are irritating you. We tend to give each other a decent amount of good natured 💩. Learn to throw it back as good as they throw it at you!

As to sheeting.. do not sheet five packages at one resi stop as five individual stops. Yes you get five times as much time allowance but in reality it takes longer especially with DIAD 6. It’s obvious and trackable. If caught they will accuse you of dishonesty and stealing time. (If you steal time, what do you carry it in?)

Don’t put too much thought into trying to game their silly numbers system. Your performance will not earn you a promotion, it’s simply a waiting game on the seniority list. Cheers!
Appreciate the feedback, didn't know it was this kinda lingo on here and good to know about the stealing time, cheers bro!

Last One In

Okay so I've been driving for UPS for about a year like most of our 22.4s, and believe me we got trained pretty damn well but lets say a house has 3 pieces, do we scan all at once then dr (taught this) or scan each piece and dr them individually?
I did this yesterday out of curiosity and noticed my delivery count increased adjacent with each piece? Plz someone help!
If you were taught to do something by an on-car supervisor why would you suddenly do it differently now? You say you want to do everything possible to make the most money; we get paid by the hour. Do your job the way you were trained. Don't try to fudge your stop count and pad your stops. Gets you on the radar real quick. Failure to follow instructions and dishonesty are sure fire ways to be terminated.

JustDeliverIt

Okay so I've been driving for UPS for about a year like most of our 22.4s, and believe me we got trained pretty damn well but lets say a house has 3 pieces, do we scan all at once then dr (taught this) or scan each piece and dr them individually?
I did this yesterday out of curiosity and noticed my delivery count increased adjacent with each piece? Plz someone help!

Your FT for a year, don’t sweat their numbers. The numbers only mean something to management. Do your job safe and to the best of your ability without skipping lunches and breaks, cash check and repeat.

Padding stops will be considered stealing time and will stick out if you are doing it all the time when your stop count is way higher than forecasted.

Addy1395

If you were taught to do something by an on-car supervisor why would you suddenly do it differently now? You say you want to do everything possible to make the most money; we get paid by the hour. Do your job the way you were trained. Don't try to fudge your stop count and pad your stops. Gets you on the radar real quick. Failure to follow instructions and dishonesty are sure fire ways to be terminated.
Drove during peak last year then most 22.4s as did I went to the preload, broke my knee out of work put for a while came back did dump routes, preload and my usual Saturday route and like most questions I have to management "ill get back to you" lmaoooo I'm just glad yall told me this "stealing time" :censored2:kk that, thanks for the heads up

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Cannot stress enough that time allowances have nothing to do with your pay. It seems like you don’t quite get that. When they say you “earn extra time” for entering the stop a certain way, they are just talking numbers about some report measuring your “performance”.