No DR's allowed--new thread--on topic please

Holydriver

Who said what type of church it was??????
he did by calling it a church. unless it was the church of the fonz, im going to go out on a limb and suggest a church is the house of worship for a member of a religious faith that is one branch of christianity. otherwise it'd be a temple, synogague, or mosque.

Holydriver

Isn't DRing commercial stops the reason for this issue in the first place?
probably. but i dont care. i had a package that was releasable to buisiness and what not, like a sure post, but for omaha steaks. the buisness wasnt open so i left it at the front door in the middle of summer...which was right on a busy residential downtown area with tons of people walking by. i hope they got the stuff and it wasnt spoiled. but the way i see it, if youre going to get a next day delivery you should probably know youre going to be there the next day

By The Book

probably. but i dont care. i had a package that was releasable to buisiness and what not, like a sure post, but for omaha steaks. the buisness wasnt open so i left it at the front door in the middle of summer...which was right on a busy residential downtown area with tons of people walking by. i hope they got the stuff and it wasnt spoiled. but the way i see it, if youre going to get a next day delivery you should probably know youre going to be there the next day
You did say Omaha steaks right...which are gifts a lot of times, and the receiver may not know its coming. This no dr thing may have something to do with drivers delivering between 12-1, and after 5.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I have a business on my route that every package is marked "driver release". I took the time to figure out the new system and you can DR at a business. It adds a few steps on the DIAD,but you can do it.

Packmule

Even if they get the bugs fixed in time, it still won't fix rural route problems when it comes to campgrounds, cabins, RV parks etc. owner lives on property and in summertime, it's a business and easy to obtain signatures. Then comes winter and the place is closed for the season, but the owner is never around. Needs to switch to residential in off season. Think corporate can come up with an answer for this timeless problem, or just keep paying me to drive excess miles for send agains?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even if they get the bugs fixed in time, it still won't fix rural route problems when it comes to campgrounds, cabins, RV parks etc. owner lives on property and in summertime, it's a business and easy to obtain signatures. Then comes winter and the place is closed for the season, but the owner is never around. Needs to switch to residential in off season. Think corporate can come up with an answer for this timeless problem, or just keep paying me to drive excess miles for send agains?

SDN's would work well in this situation.

Holydriver

You did say Omaha steaks right...which are gifts a lot of times, and the receiver may not know its coming. This no dr thing may have something to do with drivers delivering between 12-1, and after 5.
sure. i covered a route one time, recorded some as no such street because it was brand new street and the dude chewed the original driver out when he saw him. i hate UPS customers and if they get their little panties in a bunch i dont care. when i order i request it come USPS or fedex

wayfair

swollen member
sure. i covered a route one time, recorded some as no such street because it was brand new street and the dude chewed the original driver out when he saw him. i hate UPS customers and if they get their little panties in a bunch i dont care. when i order i request it come USPS or fedex

makes no sense...

Holydriver

have it sent to your house. im pretty much tired getting all beat up making business deliveries just to deliver barbie dolsl and
makes no sense...
let me clarify. i covered a drivers route one time. while delivering that route, i sheeted some omaha streets as a NSS because i couldnt find the street to make the delivery. well, the steaks rotted because the clerk knew that the street did exist. so, when the customer saw the original route driver he chewed him out becuase his food was no longer good.

as far as UPS customers, i hate the unappreciative mother fuxxers. sure, a lot are pretty cool, but then again if i meet one A hole amongst 5000 good customers i see them all as A holes. and if i ever order online, which is rarely, i request another delivery company make my delivery

wayfair

swollen member
have it sent to your house. im pretty much tired getting all beat up making business deliveries just to deliver barbie dolsl and

let me clarify. i covered a drivers route one time. while delivering that route, i sheeted some omaha streets as a NSS because i couldnt find the street to make the delivery. well, the steaks rotted because the clerk knew that the street did exist. so, when the customer saw the original route driver he chewed him out becuase his food was no longer good.

as far as UPS customers, i hate the unappreciative mother fuxxers. sure, a lot are pretty cool, but then again if i meet one :censored2: amongst 5000 good customers i see them all as A holes. and if i ever order online, which is rarely, i request another delivery company make my delivery

I understand.

The USPS delivers my stuff before I get home for lunch.
If I know it's coming UPS, I'll call the center and have the OMS go pull it for W/C and they put it in my drivers seat when I clock in.

As far as x-men go, I ran into the ground driver the other day while working, around 10 am, and got my daughters Christmas presents. The express driver will call me if he has anything that needs a signature.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You'd think. But try to get some people to actually sign them. Even if they wait a day or two. They don't care. Not their gas or their tight schedule. Only the company can affirmatively fix the problem.
Then they don't get their package in a timely manner. Don't do favors. It's your job, not your packages.