251 United Action Slate

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hold hold hold on. a moderator reads everything we write before it goes up?

Unfortunately, we have to read every post of certain individuals that can't communicate without using vulgar language or attacking individuals rather than what they post.
The worst part is that the rest of BC does not get to see what kind of lowlife these people are ... it's a double-edged sword.

You know me...
I was gonna send stink a private message about this, but he deserves the respect of a public post.

You're a stand up guy and you have more class in your pinky than MOST of the leaders of this local possess in their entire beings. It was good meeting you, you're a credit to teamsters everywhere brother. Don't let the guys you work for change you.

stink219

TDU scares me. they ran in local 251 once before, I did some research back then and was scared at what I found. now this new group, I don't know what to think. if there not TDU ill give them a look. like I said earlier, not much into the politics of unions. never had much use for it here during my career. what little help I needed here and there I got. so what's the big hoopla about replacing who we got now.

Well, some were handing out TDU news papers today. I think some are on the TDU steering committee and some are not. Bottom line, it's very difficult to run a local. There are many personalities to deal with making happy. It's like the chronic battle of Dems and Reps. You'll never see eye to eye with every single person. I think I could play third base for the Redsox, but I know enough to not think I'll be the best choice. Why? Because there are other facets to playing that position. I also gotta hit. You follow me? I believe the team we have in right now is the best choice. I'm sure I've expressed why and no need to rehash it. RIH251, who does the finances in your house? Would you just intrust all that responsibility in you children hands just because they thought they could do it? Or would you teach them first and let them build on the skill with a smaller scale of their own finances? We have $42,000,000.00 in our health fund, up $12,000,000.00 in only 6 years, that's a lot of cash to just hand over the keys. That's all I'm saying.

stink219

I was gonna send stink a private message about this, but he deserves the respect of a public post.

You're a stand up guy and you have more class in your pinky than MOST of the leaders of this local possess in their entire beings. It was good meeting you, you're a credit to teamsters everywhere brother. Don't let the guys you work for change you.

I can respect that. Thank you.

RIH251

That's a little scary. That organization is a too far out there for me, and prob for a lot of people if they take the time to research it. And now if action RI are suddenly downplaying, hiding, lieing about their affiliation with TDU? Even scarier.

You know me...
so they are tdu? or not?

There is a member of the TDU steering committee who is employed within local 251, and he is NOT running with them. They are friendly, but he is NOT on their slate. Take that for what it's worth, RIH 251. Actually, I am pretty sure the Steering committee member works with you at RIH. I've met him a few times, smart kid. I think he works 3rd shift.

stink219

That's a little scary. That organization is a too far out there for me, and prob for a lot of people if they take the time to research it. And now if action RI are suddenly downplaying, hiding, lieing about their affiliation with TDU? Even scarier.

I'm not a TDU fan at all. It's editorial extremism with underlying facet of propaganda. Most TDU locals have had major disciplinary issues after taking office.

As far as the election, people need to educate themselves and get involved. It's easy just to take someone for their word. My personal experience is that I wasn't given a job at UPS because I knew someone, I got that on my own. I had some disciplinary troubles along the way. My union protected me without question. I never asked for help, I didn't need to beg. The were there when i needed. My union never failed me. I was asked by them to become a steward years ago. Since then I've gotten to know our Membership Slate on a closer level and they truly have our best interests at heart. I trust them with all my money. I had 3 BA's in my career, all have been tremendous. My healthcare has only improved since I've been here thanks to my current E board. Even after the past years when every pension took a hit, ours is currently bouncing back fast. I hear complaints about they make too much money and stuff, well they are on call 24/7. My BA has gone in at 6am, went to 5 other barns and then back to UPS at midnight for someone on the hook getting fired. Our E board travels on weekends away from their families and homes to help us members have a better life. If you break down their pay, it's like 18 bucks an hour. Mind you, I make 33 an hour and I get to go home every night, weekends off and 6 weeks vacation. My BA, VP, President and Secretary Treasurer are amazing. Also, our Recording Secretary is also a UPS steward, you wanna talk future of local 251? That guy is smart as hell and has some serious balls to get the job done. I'm sure he will move beyond his current position and rightfully so.

You have to understand that some people think the union is there to do everything for them. It's not. Think of the union as a tool for a specific job. You can't build a house with only a hammer. So a union job is like having a tool bag. State law is a tool, Federal law is a tool, OSHA is a tool, etc. They all hold specific purpose.

stink219

very disappointed in seeing alot of our guys hanging out there last nite with the tduers. Were they giving out free beer?

Some chose sides, some play both sides. People work in the same places and build relationships. It's not a popularity contest. One a ballot is in your hand, trust your instinct. There is no substitute for experience. If I owned a football team and had the choice of a new coach with big ideas and zero experience or Bill Belichick, I'm sorry but I'm going with Bill.

You know me...
I think their looking to cause a problem. They were all eye balling me.

No one was trying to cause a problem, and no one was "Eye balling" you. 90% of the people there were from a different barn and had absolutely no idea you were a steward there. Then you start yelling and screaming like a madman, and everyone asked who you were. When they found out you were a steward, their response was "THAT is what we are trying to get rid of".

I can't understand for the life of me why you started yelling like that. Actually, yes I do. You were trained to believe that anyone that differs from you philosophically is the enemy. Aren't you getting a little old for that nonsense? Doesn't it prove tiring to get your blood pressure up every time someone disagrees with you? That's no way to live brother, you're going to give yourself another heart attack if you keep that mindset. People have their own opinions. It's not personal, they aren't doing it to piss you off, and they certainly are not the enemy. We are part of a brotherhood, not an inner circle. And the "Us and them" mentality that is so prevalent in 251 is exactly the thing the UA slate is trying to stomp out. Don't feed into the division. Listen to how Stink reacted as an example. Stink came out, knew what was going on, and made a choice. He easily could have ignored us, knocked over our banner, shut our lap top, knocked our literature out of our hands, and acted like a fool. But he took the high ground. He introduced himself to each and every one of us, shook our hands, politely refused our literature, told us to have a nice day, and went about his business. THAT was class. He didn't even seem upset when he took off the bumper sticker I put under his windshield. (Sorry Stink, I couldn't help myself!)

But the reason Stink did that, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason he did that is because he understands that we are all part of a brotherhood, and just because we disagree philosophically, doesn't mean we aren't teamsters. And even though he vehemently disagrees with our philosophy, he knows that a difference of opinion does not trump the bond that is a brotherhood. THAT is why I respect him. You might be 20 or so years older than him, but you could learn a few things from Stink. At the very least, he knows how to play politics and refuses to allow his emotions to get the better of him.

It's kind of funny that you came out after Stink actually, because after he came out and presented himself the way he did, most of us were beginning to think there was hope for the membership slate....not much...but some. Then you came out screaming and yelling, and the little hope Stink had instilled in us went right down the toilet.

Last edited:

RIH251

LMAO...Oh that is soooo rich. Did a TDU guy just type the words "don't feed into the divide"? Dear lord, if anyone on this blog is not familiar with the slander and divide tactics of TDU...Please please, I beg of you to do your homework and study up on these people. Dividing the membership of locals, and getting one side to believe its "us and them" is their bread and butter. What they tell "their side" apparently dosent even have to be true. I'm assuming all of this took place at UPS? Tell us stink, (or your screaming friend) was there any TDU stuff amongst the aforementioned literature?

stink219

He didn't even seem upset when he took off the bumper sticker I put under his windshield. (Sorry Stink, I couldn't help myself!)

If the sticker was stuck on my sweet baby princess, I probably would have gone animal! But I did one better. I used the idea for the positive. I made my own sign. Here it is:
image-4144818595.jpg

Last edited:

You know me...
LMAO...Oh that is soooo rich. Did a TDU guy just type the words "don't feed into the divide"? Dear lord, if anyone on this blog is not familiar with the slander and divide tactics of TDU...Please please, I beg of you to do your homework and study up on these people. Dividing the membership of locals, and getting one side to believe its "us and them" is their bread and butter. What they tell "their side" apparently dosent even have to be true. I'm assuming all of this took place at UPS? Tell us stink, (or your screaming friend) was there any TDU stuff amongst the aforementioned literature?

First: There is absolutely no way that you work at RIH. The place where, if you are not their friends, you are told to "Shut up, this is the way it is, don't believe everything you read in your contract, you're lucky you even have a job". So I'm calling bullshiznit on you being employed there.

Second: Yeah. A TDU guy said it. And a TDU guy meant it. I love how you managed to, in a single sentence, put me in a category and then accuse me and everyone in the category you just placed me in of being guilty of putting people in a category. Well done. The lesser minds are baffled, no doubt.