340 methods

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by scott7624, Mar 21, 2015.

1. unsecured1

unsecured1 New Member

We heard ups will start disciplining for repeated failure to strictly follow 340 methods. So I guess now since we are human they will build cases to fire whoever they want whenever they want. You didn't bend at the knees that time, you grabbed that strap, oops you missed a handrail. Harass in the name of safety. Hope I can last 15 more years! Wish ups would realize the loads aren't perfect and we aren't robots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

Its more like 10340 methods. Ask for a printout of those 340 methods.

3. unsecured1

unsecured1 New Member

They have printed copies of them for people already in a binder.

4. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

5. Ive been there for decades. Still don't all of them.

6. unsecured1

unsecured1 New Member

Something ups is implementing in Kansas and Missouri district

7. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I have never received a preload communication card

D. Check for Over-70 pound packages.

1. Use the information on the Preload Communication Card for your vehicle to determine the number and locations of the Over-70 pound packages.

8. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Sorry........., are you on Orion?

9. dupa

dupa On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.

So it begins. I have been saying since I first heard of ORION and did my homework, that soon any driver over a median age of say mid 40ish and above will be in murky water once entire system is in working order.

If you dont think at the next contract that Atlanta wont have large analysis of data showing the "huge" amounts of miles(gas) saved by this "ingenious" system, whereas (as we are all well aware) the evil teamster thieving drivers hours will prove to not bare out the simplicity of this wonderment.

Why if given the tools to make all routes shorter and or more condensed, easier to follow, thus any :censored2: can do it. why is it taking the peons more time to do it.

They will come prepared to show millions in "lost" wages

10. unsecured1

unsecured1 New Member

Not on Orion

11. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

The "big savings" is mostly in metro areas by having small pickup accounts picked upon delivery. I guess it's not obvious to the shareholders that it's really just a policy change that could have been done by simply designating infrequent shippers pickups account to be serviced upon delivery. I can't see why there was a need to spend million$ just to do pickups on delivery. Anyone who's been here for 10 years or more has had days
    when that was necessary.
    Maybe the software developer is a family member of Scott Davis or something. UPS must think the shareholders are total idiots. Whatever appears to be innovative, and can be made to appear profitable "must be."
    Like how profitable PAS is. As long as supervisors spend half the day running misloads, then paying grievances on the same.

12. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

N. O. D.
    Navigate
    Obey
    Deliver

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. By The Book

It will be harder to do the 340 methods when on Orion. You will be digging thru the back of the truck which there is no method on paper for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

We're going live in 30 days. We were told the old days of 30"and 60" selection areas are no longer applicable. Out the door along with customer service.

15. By The Book

The job is still the same it's just harder to find stuff(not loaded in Orion order). The customer service is still a part as well, just harder to explain the inconsistent delivery/pickup times to the customers.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. wide load

wide load Well-Known Member

Make a list of the methods on paper. At each stop, check each element as you complete it. At the end of the day when you have 4 stops and 2 pickups done, they may understand the harsh reality of over inflation of expectations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

30 and 60 went out the door with PAS and EDD.

18. Boulevard859710

Boulevard859710 Active Member

All I know is climbing over a bricked out load to reach for a package on shelf 8 is not physically safe. I'm 45 and I'm not getting any younger.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. unsecured1

unsecured1 New Member

I think ups is wanting to discipline for not scratching and just hiding behind the methods in order to get away with it.

20. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It would appear the 340 methods prior to ORION do not sync up with ORION driven expectations.