401k issue

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Nov 28, 2015.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Just wondering on the prudential site if there is a way to check the daily/weekly dollar amount in my 401k. Im able to see performance in % but don't know how to see how much I've gained or lost dollar wise. Just the other day it seemed like I was up quite a bit, but now it seems lower but can't access my previous account values. I'm invested mainly in the S&P mid cap blend
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I'm up this morning.
  3. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

S&M mid cap bend?
  4. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Guessing the answer is no
  5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Why would you feel it urgent to check on it every week? It is a very long term investment and weekly fluctuations are not very important.
  6. badpal

badpal Member

And like your pension, its prolly best not to know
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Dump the moola in and check it in 30 years. "Holy S, that's a lot of money"!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You can access statements from prior quarters by clicking on the E-Documents link.
  9. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Well it just seems that in the past 6 months or so my current account value hasn't really moved much in any particular direction
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. BlackJack616

BlackJack616 Active Member

Just raised to 35% for peak
  11. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

The market hasn't done much in the last 6 months either so that would explain the lack of movement. My account is pretty much doing the same with minimal gains this year. You can access your e-documents through the website and check your quarter to quarter numbers or even year to year. Checking it daily is a waste because this money is there for the long term so daily fluctuations aren't that important.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

13. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I am in the teamster/ups 401k with prudential and self-managed part by dryfus, and there is a website to view balances in both and make any and all changes to the 401k plan.

If this is the 401k plan you are in, the website is teamsterups401kplan.com.
  14. BlackJack616

BlackJack616 Active Member

15. ChicagosPrimeMinister

ChicagosPrimeMinister What rhmyes with UPS?

Still got a long way to go til you can use it buddy
  16. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

17. Brown_Star

Brown_Star Methods Man

I'm guessing you don't have a financial advisor / guidance overlooking your 401k investments?

They work wonders!
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

That is the old link. The new one is:

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Then why is your wife calling me?
  20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

That's kind of what I do. 10% taken out of my check every week. I don't notice it missing. I know where it's at and I know it's getting bigger. I'll check it once a year max.