50% MIP, 12k employees being cut

PoirotAtUPS

We run ~ 24 routes. One dispatcher, one preload, one idk, another idk, and a local. Literally no one has any idea what the other two do.
You’ll never know because they will all soon be gone - to be replaced with an app based on Orion - if you think the humans are bad, just wait for the algorithms with no humans to contact.

Don’t kill the messenger, but this is headed to where the only jobs left in the US will be those they can’t automate or offshore.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I actually think this will happen one day. We’ll all be dead but it will eventually happen. People are sick and tired of all the government BS, add in platforms like X where people are 1000x more informed than they were in the past. I think the US government will be overthrown sometime in the next couple hundred years.

Pullman Brown

I get layoffs when you are overstaffed, but who is the genius behind mandatory layoffs even when you are a seriously understaffed center with low vacations and daily routes sitting? Please explain the logic here. Cut the dividend back a little if it’s that bad. Sheesh!

@catstalking

Last edited:
I get layoffs when you are overstaffed, but who is the genius behind mandatory layoffs even when you are a seriously understaffed center with low vacations and daily routes sitting? Please explain the logic here. Cut the dividend back a little if it’s that bad. Sheesh!

@catstalking
either your center is run by an idiot or you don't have a clear enough picture of what's actually happening, hard to say from here

nobody is out there saying "hey by our own plan you need 60 drivers, lol cut to 55 cuz y not lmao"

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
either your center is run by an idiot or you don't have a clear enough picture of what's actually happening, hard to say from here

nobody is out there saying "hey by our own plan you need 60 drivers, lol cut to 55 cuz y not lmao"
I was talking to the steward from the building I retired from the other day. He told me due to the number of drivers on Vacation that week the Business Manager was unable to
Lay anyone off and was very upset that he would appear on a report stating he had no layoffs.
I had to laugh

Thebrownblob

I was talking to the steward from the building I retired from the other day. He told me due to the number of drivers on Vacation that week the Business Manager was unable to
Lay anyone off and was very upset that he would appear on a report stating he had no layoffs.
I had to laugh
And retirements it’s very true and very funny