6 year part timer + yard certified question:

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by shampoohorn, Aug 15, 2012.

1. shampoohorn

shampoohorn New Member

I work in a small center as a pre-loader and have been yard certified 5 of the 6 years I've worked there. I am the alternate shifter when the main shifter is either on road or vacation. He has worked in the center longer than I have and was once given shifter pay. They have since stopped paying shifter pay right around the time I became yard certified. He filed a grievence and was compensated but they told him that was the last time he could do so. My first question is can I file a grievence on the same issue? My second question is more importantly are we supposed to get shifter pay at a small center?
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

YES! Generally, how it works is you get the pay for the highest pay job you did for the day. Like:

If you shift for an hour, but worked preload the rest of the day, you get shifter pay for all hours worked.

I worked 12 1/2 hours today. I pulled doubles for the last leg, about 1 hour. I get doubles pay for the whole day.

PS, they CAN'T tell anyone they can't grieve something ever again. You grieve it whenever they try to short your pay.
  3. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Never hurts to run it up the flagpole.