8:00pm rule?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jerseyupser, Jul 22, 2014.

1. jerseyupser

jerseyupser Member

Is their anyone else out their who were told that everyone has to be off the clock NO LATER then 8:00pm?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I don't work that late even during Peak.
  3. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

they may want your pickup pieces back by then before a trailer pulls.
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

May be trying to hurry you up a bit.
  6. jerseyupser

jerseyupser Member

They want everyone off the clock by 8:00pm and are trying to move our start times up to 8:00am.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  7. jerseyupser

jerseyupser Member

Yeah you could be right.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You guys are starting at 8:00 AM ? Our drivers would kill to start that early. Most of ours are 9 or later.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. jerseyupser

jerseyupser Member

They said that's what they would like to try and do. Get pick ups back and out to next destination. Yeah an 8am start would be sweet!

Sent using BrownCafe App
  10. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I see you said off the clock by 8:00. If you consistently punch out after 8 it sounds like they're going to see if you will give up time to do that or do the right thing and call for help. Take your breaks and lunch or you will be intimidated to always give these up to meet their demands.
  11. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Gentlemen...its on for peak.
  12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Want to explain?
  13. jerseyupser

jerseyupser Member

I thought it was a company wide thing that they are doing. But apparently not.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  14. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

By moving up a start time doesn't mean you will get off earlier, or run more routes. Sounds like a move so they won't have to add routes to me.
  15. jerseyupser

jerseyupser Member

I really do not know what the motive is. I wish I did, but hell I'll take an 8am start either way.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  16. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

We're getting the same song and dance here too. Also, 9.5 has become a "thing" again.

Sent using a Potato
  17. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

These folks are masters of psychology. Giving you a cutoff time. Make you stick to it. Don't be surprised if they make your start time a little later as you get nearer peak. Your brain is saying "go faster. I'm way behind where I normally am. Gotta be in by 8pm." In the meantime, management is in their meetings slapping each other on the back while reading the OR and production creeps up.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

So what happens when it's 7:55pm and you still have 20 stops left?
  19. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Sheet as emergency conditions.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. turdbrown

turdbrown Member

they will not let me start at 8 or 815am. even though other drivers are allowed to. was told by ctr mgr that I had to start at 830am because I was a 9.5 driver! Thought every employee was suppose to be treated the same? not at UPS. They want everyone back and off by 9pm in our ctr. they had too many drivers run out of hrs during the week.