804 Results

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
Members approved the 804 Supp with a 63% Yes vote. Vote count = 1885 to 1098. Congrats to all members on winning better pensions, more ft jobs a new g & p
Just got this text message from local. Not too happy, since I voted NO :(

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What were your reasons for voting against the supplement this time, just out of curiosity? Was it vacation cover drivers?

804 could really teach some lessons to the rest of us.. they always vote down their supplements and got a pension increase along with more FT combo jobs.

Inthegame

What were your reasons for voting against the supplement this time, just out of curiosity? Was it vacation cover drivers?

804 could really teach some lessons to the rest of us.. they always vote down their supplements and got a pension increase along with more FT combo jobs.
Just an FYI, the pension increase and the additional FT combo jobs were in the first rejected supplement. L804 leadership spent more time explaining the offer this time and 759 more members voted. After educating the membership on what was really in the agreement, the yes vote prevailed.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Members approved the 804 Supp with a 63% Yes vote. Vote count = 1885 to 1098. Congrats to all members on winning better pensions, more ft jobs a new g & p
Just got this text message from local. Not too happy, since I voted NO :(
Not happy either....i ran into Neil O at my building before I received the 804 text.....He's like hey great news...it passed...so how you doing? I WAS doing good, Neil...till I heard that!!

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't think the yes vote has anything to do with informing members. It has to do with ppl that want the raise and decided to vote this time.

teamster 804

Comments are amazing we get a 400 dollar pension increase and guys are crying like someone took there cabbage patch doll away.Wake the "friend" up we havent gotten a raise in pension in years.I never saw saw a bunch of misguided, misinformed idiots in my life.Maybe some of you have not been here long enough to realize the difference or have been here so long that you are still completely brainwashed by previous administration, that you cant even think for yourself.But we have not seen a good supplement since Ron Carey was railroaded out of here.Wake up already, its to the point that is embarrassing how members cant figure out for themselves.Ask around the forum and see what some of the other locals are getting in there supplement and what they are giving back, or already have given back in the past.

1080Driver

I feel a lot of the older guys voted No the first ballot to send a message (to the E-board as well as the company), but this time were more concerned about seeing to it that the pension raise went through & vote Yes. Just my feeling

NoRespect

this is the worst supplement we got just yet thanks 804 members for voting yes. Has the worst language toward the combo help jobs, vcd delivers ground without even getting top rate, since they are sending everyone back from driving claiming they can't drive who do you think the company is going to get to do the vcd job? Say hello to sub contracting. Trying to get triple for one day ? *804 member* hey can i get the triple pay for tuesday next week? *supervisor* sorry you lost that option last week when i put in the wrong code for that oph you just had. thanks ******* lets turn to the the new grievance procedure lets see how much more there going to smack us in the face.

teamster 804

Can't believe 1098 members voted no, what more do they want.
They are misguided and misinformed most of the people you ask why did you vote no,cant even give you a logical answer.I hear b/s like we are losing election day thats why!!! not true!! I hear pension raise is not high enough,we havent had a raise in our pension in almost 15 years last board tried to eliminate 25 and out and a 400 dollar pension increase is not enough!!!give me a break. I hear vcds are going to cut overtime!!! not true!! where is all the jumping up and down about the full time helpers and the preload and local sort going out as helpers all year round.VCDS covering vacations in the summertime a problem i dont see anybody jumping up and down about all the full time drivers that go home,call from the parking lot to see if the center is over drivers so they can go home,going on for as many years as i can remember, and guess what no pension credit when they go home.Thank god members who dont follow some of the wolves around here like sheep taking there advice on how to vote this supplement out used there own common sense and pushed this supplement through.Members wake up and open your eyes we are headed in the right direction.Our locals pension increase has been ignored for years,we all need more money in our pension to retire, 25 years in that package car is enough. If your pension money is not strait you are going nowhere.

Last edited:

804brown

Im very happy about the result but very disappointed in the turnout. With so much at stake, ONLY 3000 members voted in a local of about 6500 is not great. Im not sure if it is apathy or laziness or just not getting a ballot. But nevertheless, our local needs to make sure EVERY member gets a ballot which means doing an audit BEFORE any future election or contract vote!! By the time of the vote, IT IS USUALLY TOO LATE!!

cino321

They are misguided and misinformed most of the people you ask why did you vote no,cant even give you a logical answer.I hear b/s like we are losing election day thats why!!! not true!! I hear pension raise is not high enough,we havent had a raise in our pension in almost 15 years last board tried to eliminate 25 and out and a 400 dollar pension increase is not enough!!!give me a break. I hear vcds are going to cut overtime!!! not true!! where is all the jumping up and down about the full time helpers and the preload and local sort going out as helpers all year round.VCDS covering vacations in the summertime a problem i dont see anybody jumping up and down about all the full time drivers that go home,call from the parking lot to see if the center is over drivers so they can go home,going on for as many years as i can remember, and guess what no pension credit when they go home.Thank god members who dont follow some of the wolves around here like sheep taking there advice on how to vote this supplement out used there own common sense and pushed this supplement through.Members wake up and open your eyes we are headed in the right direction.Our locals pension increase has been ignored for years,we all need more money in our pension to retire, 25 years in that package car is enough. If your pension money is not strait you are going nowhere.

Why are you even worried about elaborating? Aren't you retiring now that this supplement passed?

teamster 804

Why are you even worried about elaborating? Aren't you retiring now that this supplement passed?
I am not worried about anything !!! I answered the question that was asked,which basically was why did 1098 members vote no,what more did they want. Misguided and misinformed !!!

KAE510

Do the Air Walkers/Air Drivers get to be helpers all year round too ? Don't see any language in there about Air people getting anything . Please correct me if i am wrong.