A/C

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
As much as i would like to recieve the benefit of A/C, thise trucks should first go to any driver with a dovumented heat injury, as they are susceptible to heat injuries moving forward.

dogs.bite.me

Let’s be clear. They didn’t agree to ac in the pkg cars for the drivers safety.

It’s so their crappy diads will quit overheating and freezing up 20 times a day when it gets warm.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Language says any vehicle purchased after January 2024. UPS will purchase thousands of vehicles before the end of the year and not have to install anything for years to come.

oldngray

nowhere special
Let’s be clear. They didn’t agree to ac in the pkg cars for the drivers safety.

It’s so their crappy diads will quit overheating and freezing up 20 times a day when it gets warm.
Remember when the first DIAD holders had holes in the heating duct to keep it warm in cold weather instead of your feet?

pkgdriver

Remember when the first DIAD holders had holes in the heating duct to keep it warm in cold weather instead of your feet?
A8B586A2-D4DB-4033-A8C7-FB899B12AD9E.jpeg

Over70irregs

And now you give up the backside….. you thought this was free anon? Notice the timing. Golf course works wonders. Goodbye 9.5 language or its new hybrid meant to confuse you.

Thebrownblob

Lot of people giving this a downvote. No one's forcing you to turn it on. Better to have the option.
I’m not certain people are down voting
If you worked at UPS a long time, you know, they don’t give up something without wanting something in return or playing games with language, so there will naturally be suspicion Until we know the full details of the whole contract.

Not to mention the fact that I can’t speak for everywhere , but I’m in a very large hub with multiple centers, and every vehicle in this fleet here has been replaced within the last 21/2 years. The likelihood of anyone seeing air conditioning with a 2024 model in less than 8 to 10 years is unlikely because every truck is brand new.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Sounds like a lot of hot air to me. On an in-city route the door is opened and closed every couple of minutes. That AC is going to be working it's tail off and not really having an effect. I think a fan or two and strategically placed vents in both the front and bulkhead would be more effective. I hope it works, but it sounds like virtue signaling from both UPS and the Teamster leadership.

Over70irregs

I’m not certain people are down voting
If you worked at UPS a long time, you know, they don’t give up something without wanting something in return or playing games with language, so there will naturally be suspicion Until we know the full details of the whole contract.

Not to mention the fact that I can’t speak for everywhere , but I’m in a very large hub with multiple centers, and every vehicle in this fleet here has been replaced within the last 21/2 years. The likelihood of anyone seeing air conditioning with a 2024 model in less than 8 to 10 years is unlikely because every truck is brand new.
Nailed it