A new sub forum for Fedex ground..

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by fedupped, Dec 28, 2013.

1. fedupped

fedupped Member

I think it would be great to divide the Fedex forum between Express and Ground. As we all know Fedex Ground is overtaking express in volume and profit. As our new moderator has informed us numerous times, they handled their side of peak with the professional expertise that Express and UPS could not. This cannot be argued. Their contractors and subordinates seem satisfied with their pay and benefits. They obviously do not need to waste any time sifting through our problems. This would be a good time to separate the Fedex forum into sub forums just as Fedex has separated the operations...Ground, and Express. Maybe we could unburden ourselves from the silly back and forth arguments and get into some realistic solutions. I had a mgr recently walk up and ask snidely how the forum was going. Of course I gave him a question mark look. What do you all think.

2. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

I think it's fun for now to argue with the Ground folk.
    You have to admit its more entertaining.Perhaps in the future it'll be a good idea though.

3. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

The Ground employee on my UPS route would not take some peoples Ground packages the week before Christmas. These customers ship both UPS and Fed Ex. The Ground just kept piling up every day. The dock manager told me that Fed Ex came in and tried to get all the volume. He said if Fed Ex won't pick up the less important packages of his there is no way he was going to let Fed Ex take the packages that's important.

4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I think it's a silly idea. People are free to move through all forums around here and a sub forum wouldn't change that one bit. I think what you are looking for is your own exclusive chat room. MFE had considered something along these lines a while back. I think he found the obstacles to be formidable.

5. thedownhillEXPRESS

But then why do we have a FedEx sub forum?

6. fedupped

fedupped Member

Dude, whats important is profit. Doesn't matter. Can we get back to the question at hand. Separation of Ground and Express forums for the good of the site. Let that sssam guy do his thing on the better , more profitable, efficient, professional ground side of the forum. And have a separate side for the Express ops to try and figure out our dilemma without the derogatory back and forth which is driving away legitimate posters. We cant argue with Fedex grounds astounding success anymore. They are too good. So, lets move on and work on our own deficiencies. Union organization etc.

7. fedupped

fedupped Member

Ok, well..I'm done...dont need the hassle from a supposedly anonymous site.

8. thedownhillEXPRESS

Don't give up that easily young man!!

9. bbsam

Because it's a warning to other members that there's a good chance they don't want anything to do with the conversations being had here. Ground and Express are linked for the foreseeable future.

10. bbsam

what makes you think it's not anonymous? you keep making that suggestion without backing it up.

11. bbsam

True. You might ask Cheryl what she could recommend.

12. thedownhillEXPRESS

C'mon BB, fess up and tell us you work for the NSA already!

13. fedupped

fedupped Member

Compromise...you could adapt a separate screen name, say "BSsam" for the separate forums. Kind of a good cop bad cop thing?

14. bbsam

Why would I want to be a good cop?

15. bbsam

Well, you really should update your firewall and security but your hard drive has absolutely nothing of any interest on it anyway.

16. fedupped

fedupped Member

incognito, you could hide it from everyone, subhumanordinates, family, etc..anyway, I'm gone,.. for awhile, till i quit seeing those unmarked cars sitting across the street.

17. thedownhillEXPRESS

You were watching "preppers" weren't you!

18. bbsam

if you are serious, turn the system completely off. It won't keep prying eyes out but it might make you feel better.

19. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

that show is hilarious.

20. thedownhillEXPRESS

My favorite is that huge fat lady in utah that teaches her classes how to cook good meals during the apocalypse !