A Slowwwwww Day

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
Friday was awful. I have customers that leave the industrial park by 12pm but I have pickups that close at 6pm. I worked 8 hours and did 20 stops and 140 packages between pickup and delivery. It will make Monday easier as there were some big boxes but not that much.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Slammed this Saturday. Had to give up 50 stops ( the gated community) because I bricked out my rental.

PS. 2 Brownies in my area doing ground as we are running off stops to the same homes

It will be fine

Slammed this Saturday. Had to give up 50 stops ( the gated community) because I bricked out my rental.

PS. 2 Brownies in my area doing ground as we are running off stops to the same homes
We got hammered too. About 25% more than a normal busy day. They are planning on running another full heavy day's worth of volume on Monday on top of everything that didn't get delivered Friday. It should be fun.

McFeely

Huge Member
They are planning on running another full heavy day's worth of volume on Monday on top of everything that didn't get delivered Friday.

My station is supposedly sending out all Tuesday freight along with all the Monday freight tomorrow. Oh, add in all the businesses that were closed on Friday and you have the making for a :censored2:-show with less than full staff to deliver all of this stuff.

Guess I'll find out how bad it is on Tuesday when I go back-

Purplepackage

My station is supposedly sending out all Tuesday freight along with all the Monday freight tomorrow. Oh, add in all the businesses that were closed on Friday and you have the making for a :censored2:-show with less than full staff to deliver all of this stuff.

Guess I'll find out how bad it is on Tuesday when I go back-

The only reason they EVER send Tuesday freight on Monday is if they are expecting to get hammered the rest of the week

Sending Tuesday freight on Monday in my old station was a mortal sin

McFeely

Huge Member
I can see doing it during peak with the exception of the Monday after Thanksgiving. Way too many businesses that were closed on Friday to catch up on.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We got hammered too. About 25% more than a normal busy day. They are planning on running another full heavy day's worth of volume on Monday on top of everything that didn't get delivered Friday. It should be fun.

Wait, ground isn't on the 6- day workweek yet?

Purplepackage

You are in for a huge surprise.

Online sales up 23% on Black Friday.

Like I said I could be wrong. But they push most of that stuff through ground until it can't handle it anymore.

Generally express peak is the last 2 1/2 weeks of December, though the economy hasn't been this good in a few years

Purplepackage

In all my years at FedEx, this has always been a very busy week. Then next week dropped off some to full blown Peak afterwards. With online sales though, next week should be steady.

I've been a swing my whole career basically so I should clarify what I mean by busy. This week and next week route drivers won't drop enough to overflow routes yet for you to get peak hours. The last 2 weeks of the month I could usually get 10 hours a day but before that there's just not enough to go around (at least where I was)