Major Route Cuts

MassWineGuy

So my manager told me today that our SM was told by the district manager to cut eight to 10 full time routes. I think it’s going to get a little crazy.

On my part time Response route I’ve lately been finishing my deliveries and then wait up to 90 minutes until my first pickup is ready. Often, no other routes need help and no earlier pups are available. One of our very poor dispatchers sent the SM an email after I told them I was standing by a stop for 15 minutes until it was ready to open. I notified dispatch so there was documentation in case gap times came up for discussion.

Pretty crazy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So my manager told me today that our SM was told by the district manager to cut eight to 10 full time routes. I think it’s going to get a little crazy.

On my part time Response route I’ve lately been finishing my deliveries and then wait up to 90 minutes until my first pickup is ready. Often, no other routes need help and no earlier pups are available. One of our very poor dispatchers sent the SM an email after I told them I was standing by a stop for 15 minutes until it was ready to open. I notified dispatch so there was documentation in case gap times came up for discussion.

Pretty crazy.

McFeely

Huge Member
Mc, how heavy is Response freight there?

They just stopped Response at my station at the beginning of March. Weirdly, we still get a Response flight on Tuesdays, but nobody to deliver it. They usually just scramble and try to shuttle out perishables and meds to get delivered.

My own route is still not n target for normal stop counts, but I’m helping 1-2 other routes every day so I’m generally at 45-50 hours.

fatboy33

Cut 8-10 full-time routes and then the DM will be bitching about lates.

They can use their gap reports for toilet paper.
Yes. We were told some our bulk and PT routes will be eliminated. Also, expect to work longer hours. Some couriers welcomed the news as they're barely making 40 hours per week. After seeing the failure of DRA, for the company, the only way to get the most out of a courier is to go back to the old way and that's delivering in the exact same area everyday. It's the fastest method plus the customer gets use to seeing the same courier daily which helps service. " Hello Robert, tomorrow we have to close up at 1300, maybe you can swing by before then?". "Of course, I'll set my phone right now to remind me". That's a big nothing to heads of a delivery company but to a customer to see that courier come in the next day is everything that service is. But from what I've heard, E star is worse that DRA. We will see.

McFeely

Huge Member
What's that typin partners first name?

CFD7AFD3-7CA7-4E27-AD40-D0A1B71F5ABA.png

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Remember the lie he made up about how he offered a bunch of couriers the opportunity to switch jobs with him for a week and none of them took him up on it?
Yes I do.

And I can see the reaction of the district office if they ever caught wind of it.