Accepting a signed delivery notice for a signature required package.....

upsman68

They print the name and then write SDN by it I don't do it but that's what the driver who told me he did when I covered for him.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had a diad fail and used a delivery record until another diad was brought to me. I was told to enter all the sigs and add 'sop' at the end. Have had it happen twice and it sucked both times.

DainGrant

Had a training in my diad the other day if is a safe place where u can release the package then fine if not sheet NI. Bring back to the clerk

1pocket73

Simple

The instructions about SR's and ASR's are on the back of the notices.You can't go wrong if you stay within those guidelines.I have had customers leave me notes to just leave the package.I simply write back to them that I cannot do that.There must be a signature,period.The shipper paid for that service and that's what they should get,nothing less!

Overpaid Union Thug

In a few areas of town I will accept a signed info notice for a package that requires a signature. These are neighborhoods where we've had few or no DFUs and I will only do it if there is a good place to hide the package out of site. Since the diad won't allow the use of the SDN softkey I write "signed notice" on the signature pad and type the last name that was signed on the notice where we'd normally enter the last name. I keep all of my info notices in a file by date so no big deal. I rarely do this though. In most areas of town I just sheet them as NI.

In a few areas of town I will accept a signed info notice for a package that requires a signature. These are neighborhoods where we've had few or no DFUs and I will only do it if there is a good place to hide the package out of site. Since the diad won't allow the use of the SDN softkey I write "signed notice" on the signature pad and type the last name that was signed on the notice where we'd normally enter the last name. I keep all of my info notices in a file by date so no big deal. I rarely do this though. In most areas of town I just sheet them as NI.
Sorry I cant give brown an easy excuse to fire or suspend me. Signature you want signature you get. Ive seen guys lose several weeks pay over this, and almost their jobs! Nice guys never get laid...they get screwed!!!!!!!!!

U

uber

Sorry I cant give brown an easy excuse to fire or suspend me. Signature you want signature you get. Ive seen guys lose several weeks pay over this, and almost their jobs! Nice guys never get laid...they get screwed!!!!!!!!!

Whats the point in having the signed portion of an info notice then? You've never used the SDN function? Its there for a reason, right?

U

uber

signature required=means in person. I only use sdn to leave a package that i would not normally DR.

Interesting. Thats not the case in my area. Or at least that's not how I was trained. If the a package that is scanned is allowed to use the SDN function than we can. Some signature required packages don't allow you to use the SDN function.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't accept SDN's for a sig req. Had one on Fri and left an info notice and on the back I wrote, "must sign in person". Yesterday, I get to the customers only to find that the customer had totally ignored what I wrote and signed the info notice anyway (in a different area). I left a 2nd info notice and on the back I wrote, "YOU MUST SIGN IN PERSON". I was outta there. Some customers just don't understand. :dissapointed:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Interesting. Thats not the case in my area. Or at least that's not how I was trained. If the a package that is scanned is allowed to use the SDN function than we can. Some signature required packages don't allow you to use the SDN function.

You can't use SDN for an adult sig req.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You can't use SDN for an adult sig req.

The easiest solution is to never accept them at all, unless prompted by the DIAD.
When they produce a written explanation of when and where, complete with criteria for each service level, I will start accepting them.
Ask 10 management people and you will likely get 10 different opinions.
I have made this abundantly clear to management team years ago, and to date, have yet to receive any guidelines.
Hell, it was only recently in response to Apple deliveries, that my building had a system in place to turn in SDN's.
Drivers would just stick them to the inside of the bulk head door for future reference.

To me it is clear, these vague policies exist in order to use the driver as an insurance policy in the event of a loss.
The same hold true for the BS high value system.