Accepting a signed delivery notice for a signature required package.....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by serenity now, Mar 22, 2013.

1. serenity now

serenity now Guest

do you ever do this? and if you do, what do you write on the diad signature pad?

as for me, if it's sig. req. they must sign the diad in my presence, nothing else

2. gotbrown

gotbrown New Member

nope, never has to be signed in my board and not by me unless its one of those apple release forms

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I have not done it. Pretty sure there have been posters here looking for advice after being fired for doing same. They got their jobs back, but the message is pretty loud and pretty clear.

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Depends on how well I know the person: wife, son, brother, you get the idea.

5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You can not use the SDN softkey if the shipper request a sig on delivery it won't let u.

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

He said he signs the diad. I never have, never will.

7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Nope. If someone doesn't sign in person they don't get their package. It's the rules and I'm good at following these.

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

signature required means in my presence. This is why I write "VOID" on the signature section on the back of the delivery notice. Every time.

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I do the same and people still sign on top of "void." Lol

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ive taken to circling the blue my choice add. The E signature part is pretty neat.

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No, I like my job to much to falsify documents.

12. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That's an Integrity issue that I never get involved in either....

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I also write "In person" in the opening next to where it says "the center required a signature at time of delivery" and circle it.

14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

That's when they hand write a note to leave it on the back porch and to call Jenny at 867-5309.

15. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

You don't.

16. iruhnman630

Officially, it is called forging a legal document, a potentially criminal offense.

17. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

So you are saying if the consignee signs the del. notice you wont leave the package and hit SDN? Maybe I am missing something but that is done in my center all the time. You take the signed del. notice with you and turn it in with your log.

18. iruhnman630

If the package is signature required, SDN will not work in the diad.

'Signature Required' means an actual signature by an actual person. Period.

19. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

That's only used when the DIAD doesn't require a signature imbedded in the tracking number.

20. iruhnman630

Signed delivery notices are useful in areas where signatures are generally required, such as apartments and commercial stops. But they are useless when packages are specifically designated sig reqd.

Customers who don't get their sig req'd packages due to not being home can bitch and moan all they want, but their problem is with the shipper who demanded the signature, not with UPS.