Active thread - Zimmerman Not Guilty

brett636

Because i guarantee you that a white teen in th same pose wouldn't elicit the same suppositions from you.

You don't know that. I follow Martin Luther King's mantra of ignoring their skin color and judging by their character. That picture doesn't elicit the character of anyone heading anywhere good white or black.

oldngray

nowhere special
If I saw a white kid behaving as Trayvon did I would be just as critical of him. A punk heading towards a probable dead end (and possibly short - if not for Zimmerman then Martin might well have pissed off someone else and paid the consequences). The way I see it is a thug started a physical confrontation with a seemingly helpless victim - but who was armed. That qualifies him as a potential Darwin winner regardless of race.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This exchange is why I don't really hang around Current Events too much.
It is demeaning to both of you.
I'll have to make sure this thread is not on my Watch List.

bbsam

Staff member
So you guys see a picture of a kid "flipping the bird" and you draw the conclusion that he's going to prison or he'll soon be dead? Black and white doesn't enter into the equation? That one picture of a teen acting badly gives you that window into his soul? From one picture you have determined the "content of his character"? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

oldngray

nowhere special
So you guys see a picture of a kid "flipping the bird" and you draw the conclusion that he's going to prison or he'll soon be dead? Black and white doesn't enter into the equation? That one picture of a teen acting badly gives you that window into his soul? From one picture you have determined the "content of his character"? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Not from one picture. You are trying to minimize Trayvon's previous behavior of which that picture was just one example.

bbsam

Staff member
This image is all I need to see to know who their son was. Just another black urban youth who was on the path to either earning his own prisoner number or an early grave for doing something stupid. I guess we know which future won out.

trayvon+martin+finger.jpg
Going by bretts post, this is all he needed to see to know the "content of his character".

texan

Hmmmm ... this did not show up in Watched Threads but did in Alerts.
So much for not seeing this thread.

Oh well, I have been busy moderating since Thanksgiving and the platform switch.
Trying to help out until peak is over and the other Mods have more time to moderate.
I agree. Sorry for my trouble I have caused.

Great New Years resolution to read, and one for me.

Chill!!!! Texan, Chill!

No more drama or slight.

brett636

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/12/us/florida-george-zimmerman-shooting/

Interesting scenario. It appears all the media flub over George Zimmerman has inspired the mentally challenged to try to make a name for themselves. It doesn't surprise me at all that there are people out there who believe they would get a hero's welcome if they killed George. I am glad I am not in his shoes, and I still believe to this day he was in the right when it came to the Trayvon incident.