Active thread - Zimmerman Not Guilty

bbsam

Staff member
Treyvon Martin had every right to defend himself, as did Martin Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin should have walked home, as Martin Zimmerman should have stayed in his car.

The law abiding gun owner successfully defended himself.

The suspicious african american wearing a hoody on a rainy night did not.

End of story, move on, learn or become the next victim of stupidity and or poor judgement.

Wrong. Challenge and change. That's kinda what democracy is about.

over9five

Staff member
Really? It's been national news. Are you sure you pay attention to national news?
I just Googled it. It was last November.....
Sheesh, old news.

BUT, I'd agree from what little I read the white guy over-reacted.
Unless they ditched the shotgun before police arrived....

Upsmule

Do you understand the full scope of the JUSTICE system or just the part you agree with?

I was sure he'd be charged with manslaughter. I was actually shocked when justiced prevailed for a change. I'm not shocked that, that's not good enough for the losers.

bbsam

Staff member
I was sure he'd be charged with manslaughter. I was actually shocked when justiced prevailed for a change. I'm not shocked that, that's not good enough for the losers.
It's not about winners and losers. It's about a large percentage of the country that is not in agreement with laws that seem to make it ridiculously easy to kill based on ones own fear. That's a very low bar.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
IRAN'S MULLAHS DEMAND JUSTICE FOR TRAVON

Iran’s calls for justice came as a surprise to U.S. observers, who pointed out that the Iranian regime is notorious for beating opposition members, arresting journalists, stoning women to death, and publicly executing homosexual teenagers.

IRAN'S MULLAHS DEMAND JUSTICE FOR TRAVON

Iran’s calls for justice came as a surprise to U.S. observers, who pointed out that the Iranian regime is notorious for beating opposition members, arresting journalists, stoning women to death, and publicly executing homosexual teenagers.

[/QUOTE]

Just tell the Mullahs that Travon wasn't a muslim, was on the yearbook staff, dated Rachel Jeantel, and liked pink hoodies. That'll shut them up.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its not a valid stand your ground case in my opinion and that guy is just trying to use it as an excuse after the events. If the judge ruled against his stand your ground claim then it definitely is not a stand your ground case.

Upsmule

It's not about winners and losers. It's about a large percentage of the country that is not in agreement with laws that seem to make it ridiculously easy to kill based on ones own fear. That's a very low bar.

Given the statistics....African American's have clearly benefited more from stand your ground laws, not Neighborhood watch captains with CC permits.

bbsam

Staff member
Given the statistics....African American's have clearly benefited more from stand your ground laws, not Neighborhood watch captains with CC permits.

so statistically speaking, it's not about race and therefore it's not race baiting.

Upsmule

Just because you don't like the conversation doesn't mak it go away.

Oh please. I'm still here! The only "conversations" happening in our wonderfully biased media is how to keep this NON issue on the front burner in order to keep a nation of voters divided. Again.......the majority of Americans....AMERICANS....have gotten past racial barriers for decades now! Regardless of skin color.

This case has done NOTHING but throw gasoline on the fire of bitterness and indifference and hatred, thanks to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and President Barrack Hussein Obama.

bbsam

Staff member
Frame it anyway you like, but the growing nonwhite electorate does not believe we have "gotten past race" and that combined with alot of whites is a significant number.