Ad on Facebook

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by High Octane, Sep 13, 2009.

1. High Octane

High Octane Fleet Technician

Interesting way to advertise!

2. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

indeed , interesting indeed.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  3. smokey

smokey Member

very surprised, corp has not had that pulled yet...lawsuit waiting to happen.
  4. knightablaze

knightablaze Member

Yah I saw that one. Reminded me that I have a poor disused screen name over here.
  5. I saw that one as well
  6. High Octane

Heres the link it takes you to.
    *link deleted by Cheryl*
    Lasted edited by : Sep 16, 2009
  7. toeknee2gx

toeknee2gx New Member

the have that same ad for a ton of forutne 500 companies....if you have a popular company name in your profile as your employer, the ad's will come up...
  8. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

it all is based on what you put in as the company you work for.

what made me mad a few months ago was when m&m's had an add for the customized m&M's and the company name they showed was fedex
  9. High Octane

Sorry Cheryl, I just wanted people to know WHO was responsable for this type of advertising using UPS's Name & logo.

Thanks for the info on how the ad works and that its pulling my information to create the ad. but I still have my doubts as to its legality.

I'm not sure if I would want my Business's name and logo used in such way.

Heres another version thats out.
  10. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Thanks for sharing the ads, they are interesting. The advertising tactics are somewhat misleading, which is the reason I'm hesitant to allow links to their website to be posted here.

It's fine to share the name of the company that created those ads in text but please don't use insert a link to their site.

The link from our forum just gives them more search engine juice and exposure and I don't think they deserve it.