After knocking, how long do you wait

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
If I need a signature for a resi I literally knock and ring and then count 30 Secs from my watch. Ni1.

There's was one house there were lights and a TV on. Didn't care ni1

Walked up to this house to hear obnoxiously loud rap music coming from inside. I got my info notice out before I was even at the door.

Future

Victory Ride
If I need a signature for a resi I literally knock and ring and then count 30 Secs from my watch. Ni1.

Walked up to this house to hear obnoxiously loud rap music coming from inside. I got my info notice out before I was even at the door.
IMG_5007.GIF

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
One house I delivered to there was note on the door asking ups to wait because it takes the person a little while to get around. I gave the house 5 minutes and perfectly able bodied lady answers and says "oh I was in the backyard" I say that's no problem I saw the note and I didn't mind bending my schedule a little for someone who has trouble getting to the door. She doesn't even acknowledge my point or makes eye contact. Like wtf

Future

Victory Ride
One house I delivered to there was note on the door asking ups to wait because it takes the person a little while to get around. I gave the house 5 minutes and perfectly able bodied lady answers and says "oh I was in the backyard" I say that's no problem I saw the note and I didn't mind bending my schedule a little for someone who has trouble getting to the door. She doesn't even acknowledge my point or makes eye contact. Like wtf
Ring bell ... knock on door ..... start filling out delivery notice .....next stop ... u did what was required

dezguy

I ring the bell, knock on the door and give 30 seconds to hear footsteps. After that, I start writing out the door knocker and if you haven't answered the door by then, have fun driving to the station to get your stuff.

I ring/knock if I don't hear the bell. Fill out service cross. Ring/knock again, fill out delivery notice. Ring/knock again.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Was she hot though?

rod

Retired 22 years
If you were a hot babe I would give you about 5 minutes to get to the door-----and come back later if necessary. Otherwise it was knock and run.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I will tap my horn when I pull up if I need a signature. Walk to door, ring or knock, scan package, then start filling out the Infonotice. I will look for signs that somebody is home like a car in the driveway, TV/stereo on, smell static sheets if the clothes dryer is running. If no answer, slap Infonotice on the door and walk back to the car. I will look once more at the door as I pull away if it is something important like iced-down medicine. Other than that, tomorrow is another day if it doesn't go to an Access Point.

Ghost in the Darkness

I'm with scratch, you start making an assessment as you pull up as to whether you think someone is home. Look for signs, if I think they may be in backyard or garage I will do what I can to find them. If its all locked up and no sounds coming from inside I start filling out info notice. Its different in each case... imho.

Awakened the Force I Have

Stars and Stripes Forever!
God Bless Texas, and God bless The United States of America!

Houston we are Ready for launch.

Smile and wave to the camera!
We love you!
Just a joke among old friends.
All $15 million dollars mansions now on sale.
Two dollars...

When a water boy marries an oil girl, that is where the magic happens!
What are the odds.

Molecules they are real.

Liberty-Memorial-Tower-2.jpg.cf.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What!!

Who knocks?

Knockings for chumps

AlliSeeisBrown

I don't give much time. Go up and ring/knock, then I start writing the service cross. If I don't hear footsteps or voices by the end of the service cross I'll do the info notice, scan and leave. The entire process is about 45 seconds starting with knocking. If someone is home you should at least hear some activity by then.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Long enough to write the date and check of signature required and will try again next business day and turn around and drive off

ManInBrown

Knock and ring. If I get the feeling no one is going to answer I immediately start filling out the info notice. When done filling out I ring again and then right away put the notice on door, and leave.