After the Election...ON TOPIC.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
There are many things that both political sides agree on, if you ask voters.

Create jobs
Get money out of politics
Grow the economy
Repair infrastructure

If you ask Congress, there are only disagreements. We all know which issues we don't agree on. The voters want action on the things that CAN get done.

The only way that I personally believe the country can rally behind the next Pres., is to hold our states Senators and Representatives accountable for accomplishing SOMETHING with the opposing side. We need to see some kind of action going forward. And it has got to be an issue we all mostly agree on. At least to start with. Get the ball rolling, little by little, then try to fix the tough stuff. Otherwise, expect complete gridlock and chaos.

BrownArmy

Lol....you sound like Hillary yelling at the guy with a sign saying "Bill Clinton is a rapist". Go off on a rant blaming Trump and not even bother defending Bill.

Is Bill running for President?

I don't like either candidate, and that's not my point.

Whoever wins, half the country will be quite upset, maybe more so than any other election in modern history.

No matter who wins, we all lose.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Will do our best to keep this "On Topic".

What will help is reporting posts that are off topic so we take care of them.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
After the election hopefully a 3rd party choice will be looked at more seriously next time.

As voters we need better and more choices.

Unfortunately, I don't see either Trump or Clinton presidency bringing the country together for the betterment of the nation and its people.

BrownArmy

After the election hopefully a 3rd party choice will be looked at more seriously next time.

As voters we need better and more choices.

Unfortunately, I don't see either Trump or Clinton presidency bringing the country together for the betterment of the nation and its people.

I heard on the radio that if 3rd party candidates get a certain amount of votes this time around, they'll be eligible next election for...something.

Public money? I was in and out of the truck when it was on, and missed the details.

Know anything about that?

MA will go for Clinton either way, so I'm trying to be strategic with my vote.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I heard on the radio that if 3rd party candidates get a certain amount of votes this time around, they'll be eligible next election for...something.

Public money? I was in and out of the truck when it was on, and missed the details.

Know anything about that?

MA will go for Clinton either way, so I'm trying to be strategic with my vote.

1. The electoral vote total is still a toss-up, which means Johnson/Weld can still stop Hillary and Trump from getting the 270 either needs to win.. So a 3rd party vote has a chance of messing things up.

2. Nationally, Johnson/Weld are on track to achieve the 5% level that will, for the first time in decades, grant a third party the ballot access and funding that is today enjoyed only by the Republicans and Democrats. By getting 5% of the vote, the Libertarian Party will get automatic ballot access next election and $10M in federal funding for future elections.

So, I'd say it is worth voting for the slim chance that a 3rd party vote could mess up this election and for the future funding for a 3rd party to be more viable in the future. This will give us more choices.

BrownArmy

1. The electoral vote total is still a toss-up, which means Johnson/Weld can still stop Hillary and Trump from getting the 270 either needs to win.. So a 3rd party vote has a chance of messing things up.

2. Nationally, Johnson/Weld are on track to achieve the 5% level that will, for the first time in decades, grant a third party the ballot access and funding that is today enjoyed only by the Republicans and Democrats. By getting 5% of the vote, the Libertarian Party will get automatic ballot access next election and $10M in federal funding for future elections.

So, I'd say it is worth voting for the slim chance that a 3rd party vote could mess up this election and for the future funding for a 3rd party to be more viable in the future. This will give us more choices.

Okay, number two is what I think I was hearing on the radio, thanks.

BrownArmy

Both candidates have over 60% unfavorable ratings, and 8 in 10 Americans doubt that either candidate will be able to unify the country.

It's going to be an interesting four years.

542thruNthru

I know I'm a little off topic here but want to ask it here seeing as most of the usual hot headed suspects seem to be avoiding this thread.

Let's say Hillary wins. Most are voting for her because Trump is... well Trump.

Since most people can't stand her. Do you see her winning a 2nd time if Republicans put anyone other than Trump against her?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know I'm a little off topic here but want to ask it here seeing as most of the usual hot headed suspects seem to be avoiding this thread.

Since most people can't stand her. Do you see her winning a 2nd time if Republicans put anyone other than Trump against her?

Tough to say at this point.

BrownArmy

To be fair, lots of folks are voting for Hillary and not against Trump.

They deserve the same respect, again to be fair, as the voters who are voting for Trump and not against Clinton.

Anyway, if HC wins, and Dems take the Senate, that's a different story than it she wins and both houses remain R.

It really depends.

My read is that Congress isn't going to give either one of these clowns a 'happy ending'... no matter who wins, the legislative branch is unlikely to comply.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I say no to a second term , her health will finally do her in .

BrownArmy

What a hangover we'll have on Nov. 9.

The world is confused about what's happening here - even if Hillary wins, that might stem the bleeding but...if Trump wins, all bets are off.

Sorry, I can't help but thinking we're fuzucked either way.

And if Hillary wins: just more dysfunctional government.

No matter your idea about the role of government, our government simply isn't functioning at all.

I wish I could blame Trump or Hillary, but in fact this boil has been festering for a long time.

It's gonna pop!