Age of Retirement benefits

mauimama

I am getting ready to retire at the age of 52. I am in the Southern Region (East TN) and am being told I can't buy insurance until I am 55. It plainly states on MyTeamcare.org that anyone who is not in the Central Region can buy insurance at age 52. This started in January of 2014. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I am being told by Teamcare that I am in the Central Region. When did East Tennessee become a Central Region?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Call your hall, it's one of the reasons you pay dues. Also, congrats on making it and being able to leave at a young age. I aspire to leave in my early 50's, 30 years FT puts me at 54

I am in Georgia and it is 55 for us. Any new Teamcare members under this contract it is age 52 . I am Guessing you are not new to Teamcare. Our union agreed to this nonsense , I say make it 50 for everybody that makes it 30years at ups . 2 more years for me and I will be in your shoes at age 51.Good look.

mauimama

DSC_0073 (2).JPG
DSC_0070 (4).JPG
DSC_0069 (4).JPG

mauimama

Okay people I need your help! I can't get anything from the Union or anyone else for that matter. Here are the documents (which you cannot find on the Teamcare.org website anymore....it has mysteriously dissappeared). I retire on Wednesday November 30 ,2016 with 32 years of service. I am only 52 years old and am being told I CANNOT buy the insurance. I am fixing to go to the Labor Board if I don't get something by tomorrow afternoon. Any suggestions anyone???

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

The Union doesn't have an answer for me......they didn't even know about it because this only started Jan of 2014.
I dealt only with the retirement dept. Very hard to get info from them too unless ur persistent.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Okay people I need your help! I can't get anything from the Union or anyone else for that matter. Here are the documents (which you cannot find on the Teamcare.org website anymore....it has mysteriously dissappeared). I retire on Wednesday November 30 ,2016 with 32 years of service. I am only 52 years old and am being told I CANNOT buy the insurance. I am fixing to go to the Labor Board if I don't get something by tomorrow afternoon. Any suggestions anyone???
Can't open the documents

oldupsman

I didn't think anybody could retire and keep their Teamcare unless they were at least 55.
I was one of the lucky ones who retired with UPS health care and have been able to keep it.
I turn 65 next month and UPS has informed me they can't wait to get rid of me. Fine by me.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I didn't think anybody could retire and keep their Teamcare unless they were at least 55.
I was one of the lucky ones who retired with UPS health care and have been able to keep it.
I turn 65 next month and UPS has informed me they can't wait to get rid of me. Fine by me.
Yes. Me too! 55 years old..I've been wondering if he retired and is covered

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sounds to me like you got the cart in front of the horse