Age of Retirement benefits

onehandsolo

I was told by my local ba this week that if I retire in 2018 at age 51 which is 30 years for me. I would still be able to buy the team care insurance when I turn 55 but I would have to have health insurance from my retirement date till my 55 birthday. Starbucks here I come.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was told by my local ba this week that if I retire in 2018 at age 51 which is 30 years for me. I would still be able to buy the team care insurance when I turn 55 but I would have to have health insurance from my retirement date till my 55 birthday. Starbucks here I come.
Work until 55, save money, enjoy lots of vacation.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Work until 55, save money, enjoy lots of vacation.

Yep. Once both you and they know you are on short time, it gets easier.

Just follow the rules and don't screw up.

slowjoer

I turn 65 next month and already got my supplemental with Aetna. They were always very reliable with my
policy that we had with UPS so I stuck with them. I went with the top plan. It isn't cheap. But the peace of mind
will be worth.
I'm 62 so have 3 years to go. How did you go about getting a supplemental plan with Aetna.
Thank You