Air Driving after the Sort

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PANDA2022, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

Hi guys,
    Wondering thoughts on this.I am a Saturday air driving who is ocassionally asked to run air after the preload. I agree most often but sometimes turn it down due to the stress of center managers giving me more than I can handle. Often times I have 45mins to run 6 stops in multiple places usually 10 or so miles apart with a good 20 min ride from the building. Today there was an accident on the highway causing ne to have lates 2lates. Should i ve worried about getting in trouble for this as i try my best but usually end up gerring conpletely frustrated. Have never really been told what my expectations are. Any info would be great.
  2. Not your fault. Sup might be ticked off. nothing you can do about it.
  3. Peppermint Patty

Thanks I appreciate that. Thats usually how I try to feel about it. Its still incredibly frustrating.
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Run straight air and do the best that you can.
  5. Peppermint Patty

Thank you Upstate thats what I do and will continue to do. Thanks.
  6. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Also, if you get stuck in traffic or delayed by some unforeseen delay, notify the center ASAP to let them know and to cover your butt.
  7. Peppermint Patty

Ya i knew i shoulda i just didnt get to it in the stop and go traffic and with playing beat the clock with stops. I will make sure I do that next time just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the insight.
  8. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

That's typically what air drivers do.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Call center or supe if problems arise. LIVE IT LEARN IT LIKE IT:cowboy: lol.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List