Airlines woes

R

robonono

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, I want it all........

"It's not about money"
YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT, IT'S ABOUT GREED

moom.gif

C

cheryl

Oddly enough most of the IP addresses that kjones has posted from are an exact match of the IP's used by firedupswife...

Does anyone know if there is a legitimate reason that this could happen?

(Message edited by cheryl on September 11, 2002)

D

deliver_man

So kjones is really a fired housewife? Interesting. The plot thickens.....

F

fxnjetz

Greetings to All,

Having recently discovered this board, and more to the point this topic, It is apparent that only one of our number (Aircraft MX types) has been contributing his (or is it her?) point of view.

So, for what it's worth I'll throw my two cents in from time to time if I have anything of value to add to the discussion.

First, some basic information:

Local 2727 represents almost 1200 UPS employees. This would include AMT's (aircraft mechanics), FST's (flight simulator techs), LST's (lead service mechanics), AMC's (aircraft maint. controllers), and Utility personnel (support).

Of this number, some 335 are registered members of the yahoo bulletin board "AMTofUPS". Of that number, there are at any given time maybe 25 to 30 members who post on any regular basis.

As to KJ's remark then that the the yahoo board is "filled with no votes" would seem to be disingenuous at best.

As to the assertion that the votes will be counted on Oct. 4th would be news to me (and others). To my knowledge, the t/a has not yet been printed and distributed, nor have the ballots been mailed. No official word has come down as to when the votes will be tallied.

As to KJ's seeming disappointment over this t/a; the deal is and I quote, "fully supported" by both our own executive board as well as the IBT. As "dedicated" Teamsters, I believe we are duty bound to accept that our leadership (knowing what is best for us) has delivered the industry leading contract we have been seeking.

Also, It is always about money. Pension, medical, etc. are money issues plain and simple. That does not however, in and of itself equate with greed. There is nothing inherently altruistic about any company or union for that matter. It is simply a business deal that both sides attempt to gain the best position possible using whatever leverage available. As to work rules, there have been very few changes that I am aware of in this area, so unless I've missed something, they have not been at issue at any time during this negotiation.

In closing, I would only add that I welcome the opportunity to bring my perspective about who we are and what we do to any who are interested as well as learn more about the "groundside" and management point of view of the company at large.

Perhaps we can start a more positive thread without the "woes" attached.

Regards,
Fxnjetz

F

fxnjetz

Just a quick update:

Word from the union is that voting on the current t/a will occur on Oct.7th. It is not clear yet whether or not we will receive hard copies of the agreement.

Fxnjetz

M

mrv

The new ta with the mechanics is the best contract in the industry bar none!! No other airline comes close! The 2727 E board should be commended for negotiating a industry leading contract in these uncertian times. If you do not believe me go to swamechanic.com and read the question and answer section, they want what we got. Better yet ask any United, USair,NWA,Cal,A/A AMT if they would like to work under this contract. We were able to obtain this because the vast majority of UPS AMT's are hard working profesionals and deserve nothing less.