Ala Love?

drewed

Shankman
So we're in the week of the love holiday.....
Anybody of for story time?
Your and your loves story?
Most romantic thing done?
ya know that kind of stuff.....

Sammie

Current spouse always a practical joker.

From day one, would call me at work or at home and say "I've been
hit by a truck and I'm lying here bleeding to death in the road." or
"I've been shot and I don't think I'll make it."

A little of that goes a long way.

So one Valentines Day night, I'm home from work and he's still out
delivering; was in packages at the time. I'm doing laundry, helping the kids with homework and making dinner when the phone rings. My dearly beloved tells me, "I've broken my ankle." Not in the mood for
his funny business, I hang the phone up. Half an hour later, "Don't hang up! I've broken..." Click. Another phone call soon to follow. Click.

Now it's 10:30, 11:00 p.m. and all has settled down when I remember the phone calls and that he's several hours late. No cell phones then, so
no one to call. I head out to the nearest hospital where I figure he
may be (or not!) and there he is, sitting in a wheelchair just inside the hospital sliding doors, casted to the knee, looking so pitiful.

It was dark and snowy that night and the snow covered up a curb,
which he tripped on, breaking his ankle. But he finished up, made it back
to the center and drove himself to the hospital in his stick shift truck, no
thanks to me.

This is the only Valentines Day in 20 years that I remember with this guy...

bigbrownhen

My husband has always been thoughtful and sweet, never missing a birthday or anniversary. He once sent me a dozen roses for our anniversary, I was totaly shocked because he was in Kuwait at the time during the Gulf War. He had prearranged to have his mom order them knowing he wouldnt be able to.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once sent flowers to my wife to her office---I'll be damned if she didn't expect it EVERY year. What's with you women.:wink2:

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
So we're in the week of the love holiday.....
Anybody of for story time?
Your and your loves story?
Most romantic thing done?
ya know that kind of stuff.....

The first V-day spent with my ex, we were going out to dinner at this nice restaraunt. When we went inside, there was something like a two and a half hour wait, so we decided to walk around the block a pizza place, since that was the only other thing in that area.

Now being that I live in Northern Indiana, and at the time it was mid February, I would think it would make sense to wear sturdy shoes.

I later found out the proper thing to do would be to wear flats with no sides or backs. You know, that way your feet get nice and cold.

It gets better. :wink2:

I was a incorrect about how close the pizza place was. Turns out, it was 9 blocks away, and there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Being the romantic, sweet man I am, I gave her my coat, (becuase she was wearing something fashionable, and not useful) and carried her 9 blocks there, and 9 blocks back.

And they say chivary is dead :happy2:

Sammie

It gets better. :wink2:

I was a incorrect about how close the pizza place was. Turns out, it was 9 blocks away, and there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Being the romantic, sweet man I am, I gave her my coat, (becuase she was wearing something fashionable, and not useful) and carried her 9 blocks there, and 9 blocks back.

And they say chivary is dead :happy2:

Who would've guessed that you and Rhett had so much in common... :laugh:

The first time I sent roses to my (now Ex) wife for her birthday, she asked me what I had done that I was trying to makeup for.:angry: That was the last time I ever sent flowers................to her.