Alcohol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, what are we talking about here?

Clocking in doesn't mean beans until start time.

Now, being on company property means a lot of things. So does "unprofessional conduct".........Anything before start time doesn't just go. Lot's of folks have been fired for lot's of things on and off of property.

Theoretically, you could smell like weed and alcohol and have done(consumed) neither.

Reporting for work......ok. So?
So wait the 20-30 min till whenever his start time is and then hand him a breathalyzer. He still wasn’t going to blow a .00 so the issue of reporting for work under the influence still exists. He’s a driver not a PTer….it’s a problem.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Just looked at your post history. Your not telling the whole story come back when you want to talk real
Like you need a reason to give someone "real" talk, you had your pants unzipped and were furiously fapping away before you finished reading the title on this thread
daffy-duck.gif

R1wonder

Off topic , but a fella in my building got a dwi: he still has his license , innocent until proven guilty right ! But he didn’t tell ups for a week, so he got canned. Bummer

qdg2

Off topic , but a fella in my building got a dwi: he still has his license , innocent until proven guilty right ! But he didn’t tell ups for a week, so he got canned. Bummer
WE HAD A GUY THAT GOT TWO. Still driving. Still employed. Going on 35+. Now, a third is a felony so......

We had a guy didn't tell the company until it was adjudicated(a year later)......was able to go on to retire. Much later.

DOK

Right to the point: so a supervisor smelled alcohol on me before I didn’t even began to start my route( let alone start the truck) so 2 Union stewards who went through re hab for years who are keen to smelling alcohol, they didn’t smell anything. So I went to get tested and my B.A.C was barley at the state limit. So I get discharged at the same time they mean terminated. Mind you I had a drink 9 hours before I went to work. The nurse said I wouldn’t notice I was impaired despite not showing signs of it. So I’m screwed aren’t I?
Hate to be blunt but you don’t stand a chance, I’m sorry but you’re done.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Thread is a good reminder to go get the beer and shot special at a local restaraunt that is trying to float a 1M dollar mortgage.

If OP BAC was seriously that high still, I would not be looking just for mediation, I would be hunting for a doctor who can diagnose whatever potentially serious health issue it is that lead up to such a slow metabolism rate.

edit: just read they had 6 shots. 6 shots at 2 ounces is a ton of alcohol and you could potentially need 7-8 hours to metabolize it. if there was even slightly more per shot like 2.5 ounces or if the proof was high then you should expect yourself to test hot the next day. I think OP just screwed themselves. Should have stuck to the beer and (1) shot special lol.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thread is a good reminder to go get the beer and shot special at a local restaraunt that is trying to float a 1M dollar mortgage.

If OP BAC was seriously that high still, I would not be looking just for mediation, I would be hunting for a doctor who can diagnose whatever potentially serious health issue it is that lead up to such a slow metabolism rate.

edit: just read they had 6 shots. 6 shots at 2 ounces is a ton of alcohol and you could potentially need 7-8 hours to metabolize it. if there was even slightly more per shot like 2.5 ounces or if the proof was high then you should expect yourself to test hot the next day. I think OP just screwed themselves. Should have stuck to the beer and (1) shot special lol.
Probably blacked out and has no idea how much he actually drank. He drove drunk, got caught, and now he describes the situation as "unlucky".

You can't help people who won't even admit they have a problem.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You will be offered treatment and random breathalyzer tests and or drug testing depending on your SAP assessment. It's more common now than in the past they give you a chance to get your job back after coming to work under the influence. Keep your nose and follow all the recommendations they give you. UPS is a zero tolerance policy for Alcohol use during workweek.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I have to wonder if his management team was the first to notice or if one of his co-workers brought it to their attention; either way, it sounds like a potential tragedy may have been averted.

Back when I first started we had a driver () who came in still a little drunk from the night before----they turned him around and sent him home. This was in the early '90s----no way that would be allowed to happen today.
Stop dropping names Skippy...

rentadawg

Probably blacked out and has no idea how much he actually drank. He drove drunk, got caught, and now he describes the situation as "unlucky".

You can't help people who won't even admit they have a problem.
Never blacked out. Only drank heavily for the last 4 months during the slow season. I already accepted the program

rentadawg

You will be offered treatment and random breathalyzer tests and or drug testing depending on your SAP assessment. It's more common now than in the past they give you a chance to get your job back after coming to work under the influence. Keep your nose and follow all the recommendations they give you. UPS is a zero tolerance policy for Alcohol use during workweek.
Appreciate it