Favoritism or Discrimination??? How do I win this fight within the building with the union?

CantGetRight

Did you report to work? Did you have your return to work paperwork from the doctor? Contact your union representation. If you did this you will not get fired. It’s never a good idea to discuss your previous work injuries with management. If you injure yourself, talk to a workcomp lawyer. My local has one we use all the time..
My previous injury was cleared.

CantGetRight

That’s great, but telling me that means nothing, clearly the company doesn’t care either. If it had you would’ve been sent to there doctor For work comp.
Oh wow. Blindside downloading....................... The only way I can make them take responsibility for it is through a lawyer? The union can't fight that?

Thebrownblob

Oh wow. Blindside downloading....................... The only way I can make them take responsibility for it is through a lawyer? The union can't fight that?
This is a legal matter, not a contractual matter. And you opened yourself up when you gave management your personal medical history. You can be sure the company has already contacted their corporate nurse as well as liberty mutual about your situation. They are getting their statements together that you gave to them most likely as we speak should you try to file work comp.

CantGetRight

This is a legal matter, not a contractual matter. And you opened yourself up when you gave management your personal medical history. You can be sure the company has already contacted their corporate nurse as well as liberty mutual about your situation. They are getting their statements together that you gave to them most likely as we speak should you try to file work comp.
Once cleared it shouldn't matter. I have worked since in other jobs and that previous injury was never a factor. If I am doing a heavy lifting job and bending and twisting then the probability of me injuring myself again is high. I did not lie about being able to do the job at the end of the day. I had been cleared years ago to do so. I can't help that what they had me do caused me to re-injure myself.

CantGetRight

Did you file an accident report with UPS when you re-injured yourself ?
Sir I have been there for 3 months you can't seriously expect me to know that I needed to file a report. I spoke with management about it soon as the pain shot down my back during my duties. If I knew that I would have. Management knew that I had pain and they didn't tell me to. I brought up a previous injury trying to explain, yes. However, the question was not asked and the topic if I had been cleared never arose. Had he asked me that, it would have been a clear yes. To answer your question the answer is No. I did not know the rules and I thought me reporting it to management was the correct protocol.

CantGetRight

I never wrote any statements. No paperwork has been exchanged on either side, which I find questionable.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have been there for 3 months you can't seriously expect me to know that I needed to file a report.

I certainly don't expect you to know how to deal with this situation. (especially with UPS)

That's the only reason I've posted in your thread.

The advice I offer.... is based in reality. Get a full medical release and you can work.

CantGetRight

I certainly don't expect you to know how to deal with this situation. (especially with UPS)

That's the only reason I've posted in your thread.

The advice I offer.... is based in reality. Get a full medical release and you can work.
Thank you. It may take some time but I'm going to work on it. By the time I get cleared it may be next year because I think I am going to need some physical therapy. How can they be held accountable? I'm a single mother with very little income as it is.

CantGetRight

Yep.

Next year ?

I wish you well, and if you have a positive experience with this.... let us know.
It's December. January is next year. With the heavy lifting and bending and twisting they have been having me do, I'm saying that the doctor may not release me to do that if it runs the risk of me getting permanently hurt. I don't know I'm not a doctor. I'm saying that may happen because I have been in pain doing the specific duties they have me doing now. Will do.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The thing about that is he doesnt even want to put it in writing. Which I find that even more sinister because I feel that he is trying to blindside me seeing that I have only been there 3 months. He told me to get a doctor's release and that I couldn't work until I get one. I asked him to put that in writing and he refused. Now my concern is that he will try to terminate me after 3 days for no call no show, knowing he told me to get a doctor's release. How would I have any way of proving that if this issue comes up. It's obvious to me at this point that there is some underlying issues involved because he been knew about my back injury and now he want to start acting like a butthole and messing with my money.

It’s really pretty simple. They have figured out you shouldn’t have made book in the first place,because of your injury.
somebody has taken an ass chewing or worse over it
Now they are simply trying to get rid of you before you cost them real money
which with a bad back already you will cost them at some point
Is that to complicated for you sweetie?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sir I have been there for 3 months you can't seriously expect me to know that I needed to file a report. I spoke with management about it soon as the pain shot down my back during my duties. If I knew that I would have. Management knew that I had pain and they didn't tell me to. I brought up a previous injury trying to explain, yes. However, the question was not asked and the topic if I had been cleared never arose. Had he asked me that, it would have been a clear yes. To answer your question the answer is No. I did not know the rules and I thought me reporting it to management was the correct protocol.

Sorry babe but I don’t think ignorance is much of a defense