Amazon Sunday delivery via LaserShip

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I'm a Prime Amazon customer. UPS has delivered nearly 100% of my packages until just last week. The past three shipments where delivered via LaserShip. Two of those from one of the two local distribution centers in my area. In fact, the tracking and shipping labels are so vague, I'm not sure which distribution center was used. With the UPS tracking I knew which warehouse since our tracking service is more exact.

Today I'm given notice that my most recent order is also being delivered via LaserShip TODAY, Sunday!

MoarTape

Mine all come USPS. They usually go to the Pittsburgh sort center from another distribution center then directly to the post office. The weird thing is, we still process a ton of Amazon going to Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm a Prime Amazon customer. UPS has delivered nearly 100% of my packages until just last week. The past three shipments where delivered via LaserShip. Two of those from one of the two local distribution centers in my area. In fact, the tracking and shipping labels are so vague, I'm not sure which distribution center was used. With the UPS tracking I knew which warehouse since our tracking service is more exact.

Today I'm given notice that my most recent order is also being delivered via LaserShip TODAY, Sunday!
Ok. What's the point?

Brownslave688

It's NEWS sir. We are no longer the best choice for a company such as Amazon. It's the little guy such as Lasership who are willing to work 24/7, 365 that will take our jobs. It's time to wake up and take notice before it's too late.
Not exactly breaking news.

Congrats you've started the 1 millionth Amazon thread.

Here's your cookie

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
It's NEWS sir. We are no longer the best choice for a company such as Amazon. It's the little guy such as Lasership who are willing to work 24/7, 365 that will take our jobs. It's time to wake up and take notice before it's too late.
They notice, I see Ups freight backing in trailers at the lasership warehouse everyday...you have know idea what goes on in the corporate side of things...they're in bed with everyone.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So we should start Saturday and Sunday ground delivery and force guys from the bottom to work weekends?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm sure those 25 stops spread out all over town will be well worth it. :)
I think we'll have to explore Saturday ground delivery at least come next contract time. We're the only ones who don't offer it. How we'll do it, I'm not sure. Possibly run a full preload on Saturday and run a short clean up sort Monday.

Brownslave688

I think we'll have to explore Saturday ground delivery at least come next contract time. We're the only ones who don't offer it. How we'll do it, I'm not sure. Possibly run a full preload on Saturday and run a short clean up sort Monday.
That's the thing Monday's are already so light.

Could you imagine if we ran on Saturdays?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That's the thing Monday's are already so light.

Could you imagine if we ran on Saturdays?
The bids would probably have to be readjusted for most res heavy routes. I'm not sure really how they'd implement it. I haven't put a ton of thought into the how. That's what they pay some cubicle junky in Atlanta for.

Brownslave688

The bids would probably have to be readjusted for most res heavy routes. I'm not sure really how they'd implement it. I haven't put a ton of thought into the how. That's what they pay some cubicle junky in Atlanta for.
IE will figure it out. I'm sure of it....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
IE will figure it out. I'm sure of it....
It's one thing I can kind of get behind. I think it's a smart business decision. Implementation will just be interesting.

Personally, I wouldn't mind doing a Tuesday-Saturday schedule at my current point in life. Already alternate Saturdays with the other ORS, no kids, Mondays off would be awesome for appointments and great in the summer when the golf courses are empty, not to mention Mondays are already headache hatchet days, wouldn't mind avoiding that. I'd be the first to volunteer for that schedule. But I could also see why people wouldn't.

Brownslave688

It's one thing I can kind of get behind. I think it's a smart business decision. Implementation will just be interesting.

Personally, I wouldn't mind doing a Tuesday-Saturday schedule at my current point in life. Already alternate Saturdays with the other ORS, no kids, Mondays off would be awesome for appointments and great in the summer when the golf courses are empty, not to mention Mondays are already headache hatchet days, wouldn't mind avoiding that. I'd be the first to volunteer for that schedule. But I could also see why people wouldn't.
Oh I agree we will go to it eventually and will certainly go to it during peak before too long.