Amazon Sunday delivery via LaserShip

feeder05

I know in certain districts they hve experimented with Saturday delivery. Haven't heard about it after that. I know a manager was concerned when Fedex delivered on Christmas day...I told him get ready to start working on the 25th

Orion inc.

I like turtles
And laser ship and the USPS are losing money hand over fist on Amazon volume. Everyone is. That's why fedex and ups are either going to tell them to go elsewhere or actually raise their rates.

Amazon is about to hit a reality check on their costs soon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And laser ship and the USPS are losing money hand over fist on Amazon volume. Everyone is. That's why fedex and ups are either going to tell them to go elsewhere or actually raise their rates.

Amazon is about to hit a reality check on their costs soon.
I so want them to do it themselves. They'll quickly realize the delivery business isn't a cheap one to be involved in.

Johney

I think we'll have to explore Saturday ground delivery at least come next contract time. We're the only ones who don't offer it. How we'll do it, I'm not sure. Possibly run a full preload on Saturday and run a short clean up sort Monday.
This would be a logistical nightmare for any dispatcher in a big center. In our building we have multiple industrial parks that have less than 10% open a weekend. So how do you dispatch that ground? Or how about this, office building with one address and all suite numbers yet most are closed on the weekend?

They have this issue during holidays that are not National, some opened some closed yet it always seem they hold a certain address and some buisness not closed complains why they didn't receive a delivery. saturday ground unless it's a special service would cost far too much and fail.

Ms.PacMan

This would be a logistical nightmare for any dispatcher in a big center. In our building we have multiple industrial parks that have less than 10% open a weekend. So how do you dispatch that ground? Or how about this, office building with one address and all suite numbers yet most are closed on the weekend?

They have this issue during holidays that are not National, some opened some closed yet it always seem they hold a certain address and some buisness not closed complains why they didn't receive a delivery. saturday ground unless it's a special service would cost far too much and fail.

That's exactly what I thought - Saturday would be like a holiday. Even with a special Sat. ground designation UPS would try to push everything for that address through to consolidate the stop into one delivery day. Or 5 special order boxes designated Sat ground to Walmart would turn into a 80 piece ground stop with the supe telling you to just find someone to take it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's exactly what I thought - Saturday would be like a holiday. Even with a special Sat. ground designation UPS would try to push everything for that address through to consolidate the stop into one delivery day. Or 5 special order boxes designated Sat ground to Walmart would turn into a 80 piece ground stop with the supe telling you to just find someone to take it.
Really it wouldn't be that hard at all deliver only residential on Saturdays.

Browndriver5

It just amazes me that in our building we are ridiculously heavy on Wednesdays and every other day is so so. I wish we would go to a Saturday ground delivery that would put me in the road more

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

That's why you make Saturday Residential only like FDX HD.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I saw some guy in a old van with the Lasership sticker on the door. Looked shifty to me.

BROWNCAT

Last peak from Thanksgiving day to Christmas day we at our center worked and delivered ground on Saturdays... And thanks to that it was the sweetest peak ever... I'm pretty sure they where testing waters to implement that down the road on the next contract... I'm already Tuesday to Saturday so I wouldn't mind that. I actually preferred it that way.:rockon:

Johney

I think we'll have to explore Saturday ground delivery at least come next contract time. We're the only ones who don't offer it. How we'll do it, I'm not sure. Possibly run a full preload on Saturday and run a short clean up sort Monday.

That's why you make Saturday Residential only like FDX HD.
You didn't mention in your first post anything about residential only. Now read my post and after you seem to say that's what you meant all along?

Johney

Saturday ground delivery would have to be just like Saturday air or it would fail. Go work in a real world center Frigid then we can talk.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid bro you'll be center manager of that country club you work at before you know it.
I'm not drinking kool-aid "bro"

It's a logical next in our services. If you don't think so that's fine. But our competitors are doing it and some are even doing Sunday. We're next.