And again goodbye to yet another corrupt democrat

wkmac

The way I heard it the tally is 79 pols. sent to jail since 1971

Yeah I actually heard more detail and in the last 7 Illinois governors, 4 have taken up residence at some of our fine corrections facilities. Also it's been both democrat and republican so at least in Illinois, they do believe in bi-partisanship!

:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
I don't think Obama is dirty in this EXCEPT that we'd all be fools if we thought he had no knowledge of any of this.
And as a man of "reform" and "change", why did he turn a blind eye to it? Why didn't he turn his cronies in? This looks bad for him, happening in his own back yard. How can we expect him to run the country when he (allegedly) doesn't know what goes on in his own city?

This scandel has far reaching possibilities especially when looking at the length of time taken when conducting the investigation. The possibility exists that there may be more crooks that turn up especially if someone turns states evidence to save their own soul. Thus I continue to find it interesting that Obama could have worked in such an environment and come out unscathed.

tieguy

Banned
Think about this as the details come out in this scandel. The governor was willing to sell Obamas seat to the highest bidder. How does he market the sale. How does he get the word out to get the maximum number of bidders to participate? Could be a lot of hands in this pot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think plenty of "birds" will be singing soon.....
  • DECEMBER 12, 2008
Rezko Emerges With Central Role in Case

By CHRISTOPHER COOPER and JOHN R. EMSHWILLER

The pay-to-play case against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich puts another Chicago political figure back in the spotlight: developer Antoin Rezko, a onetime fund-raiser for Barack Obama who was convicted in June of influence peddling.
Mr. Rezko appears to be playing a key role in the case against Mr. Blagojevich, which, coupled with an unrelated, recently filed lawsuit in that state, could give Obama critics grist for their attempts to tie him to corrupt Chicago politics.
NA-AU639_REZKO_DV_20081211180451.jpg
Associated Press Antoin Rezko is back in the spotlight.

Earlier this year, Mr. Rezko wrote a letter to the judge in his own criminal case in which he complained that federal prosecutors in the office of U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald "are pressuring me to tell them the 'wrong' things I supposedly know about Governor Blagojevich and Senator Obama." Mr. Rezko added that he had never been involved in wrongdoing with either man. Mr. Obama has never been tied to any of the developer's alleged crimes.
A Rezko criminal attorney declined to comment, as did a spokesman for Mr. Fitzgerald's office. Obama aides declined to comment about his ties to the governor or Mr. Rezko.
Mr. Rezko this week seems to have changed his mind about Mr. Blagojevich, who was accused by Mr. Fitzgerald of attempting to auction off Mr. Obama's vacant U.S. Senate seat to the highest bidder, among other misdeeds. In a 76-page affidavit supporting the arrest of Mr. Blagojevich, a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent called Mr. Rezko a "principal fundraiser" for Mr. Blagojevich and said the convicted developer is cooperating in the case against the Democratic governor.
"Rezko has proffered [information] with the government in hopes of receiving a recommendation from the government for a reduced sentence," the affidavit says. On Thursday, the federal judge in Mr. Rezko's case abruptly suspended his sentencing proceedings. People familiar with the case said this was a clear signal that Mr. Rezko's cooperation was moving forward. Because cooperating witnesses use their testimony to get lighter sentences, judges delay giving them prison terms until their assistance to prosecutors has been completed.
Documents in the Case

Mr. Obama's other connection to Mr. Rezko revolves around a patch of land adjacent to Mr. Obama's Chicago home that he bought in early 2006 from the disgraced developer's wife for about $100,000. Mr. Obama has since called the deal "boneheaded" on his part. Obama representatives have said that the purchase of the adjacent properties by the Obamas and Ms. Rezko weren't related.
In October, a lawsuit was filed in Illinois state court by Kenneth Conner, a former employee of an Illinois bank called Mutual Bank. His suit says he was fired after raising questions in connection with a $500,000 loan that largely financed Ms. Rezko's purchase of the vacant lot, a portion of which she later sold to the Obamas.
The suit includes an internal bank email from October 2006 discussing the receipt of a federal grand jury subpoena seeking information about the Rezko lot loan. The suit alleges important information was removed from the loan file before it was turned over to authorities. There is no evidence Mr. Fitzgerald has been looking specifically at the Obama-Rezko transaction.
Mutual Bank officials didn't respond to calls.
—Cam Simpson contributed to this article.

Bringdough

...with good reason ...Bush waited far too long to send help...

Resident know-it-all.
Nagin let all the school buses get flooded, instead of using them to evacuate people. Next, the governor has to request help of Feds, she delayed that request. Things went much better in mississippi because the governor made a timely request.
Your hatred of GWB comes from a four year effort from the lib press to destroy bush and you lapped it up like a thirsty dog.

Sent using BrownCafe App

moreluck

golden ticket member
...with good reason ...Bush waited far too long to send help...

Resident know-it-all.
Bush's hands were tied by the law that the leadership of the state needed to ask for help and didn't right away. It's awhile ago, but I remember the news talking about that law.

"
"In fact, the response to Hurricane Katrina was by far the largest--and fastest-rescue effort in U.S. history, with nearly 100,000 emergency personnel arriving on the scene within three days of the storm's landfall."

"The weather people tell you "Hey, this is the BIG one, so get out"... and people just sit around like their stupid mayor "We've got it under control".

Last edited: