The demise of the Democrats

804brown

Taken 'em to court and hangin' 'em high doesn't make jobs for Americans. People need jobs and O just wants the gov't to take care of these jobless people.

Like was said at one of the debates....99 weeks of unemployment....you can get an associate degree in that amount of time, so tie the paying of the check to going to school. Or, an apprentice program like plumber, plasterer, electrician.....as a condition of getting that check.

But no, people just get that check and don't have to do anything for it. Makes no sense.

On jobs, either the people dont have the skills for the jobs available or in their area there are no jobs at all!! But at least the dems want to create jobs even if they are through a govt stimulus program since corp america seems to not want to.

Th 99 week line is cute but no one ever thinks they will be out of work that long when they first lose their job. Most survive on hope. They despise the fact that they collect a check like this. They do not like being called "free loaders" by conservatives. Some are very conservative themselves but this isnt your basic recession/slow down. But when the private sector refuses to create jobs, the govt is the job creator of last resort!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's why they need to get training in something....then they won't feel like free loaders.

Human nature is, about a month before it's due to run out, they'll go look seriously for a job. If that's the case, then make it 26 weeks instead of 99. It's too darn long a time. How long does it take to form a habit....?

I see jobs out there.....no, they are not managers of offices jobs, but maybe you have to get 2 jobs. You do what you have to do to survive and take care of your family.

804brown

That's why they need to get training in something....then they won't feel like free loaders.

Human nature is, about a month before it's due to run out, they'll go look seriously for a job. If that's the case, then make it 26 weeks instead of 99. It's too darn long a time. How long does it take to form a habit....?

I see jobs out there.....no, they are not managers of offices jobs, but maybe you have to get 2 jobs. You do what you have to do to survive and take care of your family.

For some people in some areas 26 might be fine but like i said this has been a deep and lasting recession, if not depression in certain areas of this country, and if a town factory closes, where do the jobs come from??

Job training is key as well as education. But get real: people are already working 2 jobs!! Maybe thats why others cant even find part time work because so many are forced to work 2 jobs already!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
.........." cant even find part time work because so many are forced to work 2 jobs already!! "...(804)

That's a possibility.

It's true that some towns/communities literally have no jobs to offer. Saw a piece on Pontiac, Mi yesterday, they are in deep trouble there. That is what happens alot to towns that revolve around one industry. That scenario is repeated thru out Texas in oil dependent communities.

RedThunder

Good one. The GOP is not only fractured, but also fairly impotent as evidenced by the "success" of the new Republican-controlled House so far. Once again, it's absolutely astounding how many UPS union members on this site support the Republicans, who would happily dissolve your union, eliminate Social Security and Medicare, and have you get around $10 per hour in pay, with no benefits. This is a party (the GOP) that is all about the rich, corporations, and assisting the top 1 or 2 percent of our population to become even richer at your expense. Unfortunately, many of you are dumb enough to go along with it and assist in your own self-destruction. Palin and Beck in 2012!!! YEAH!!!! Go ahead, be stupid.

So, So true. Why these people insist on voting against their own self interest and the good of all working people is beyond me. Do you hate him that much just because he is black? Are you that big of a racist? It's the only thing that makes sense. Never mind that the Republicans and the Democrats are both bought and paid for by the same corporations that are pilfering the middle class and poor. The real welfare and transfer of wealth in this country is from poor and working americans to the richest 1%. If you can't see that then all hope is lost for you. I'm not a fan of Obama, he is more a moderate republican(those don't exist anymore) than a true progressive anyway.

Truly, their isn't a political solution to our problems. The pendulum has swung too far. The only way to fix this system is to break it. But with the Patriot Act, The NDAA, and other laws being passed to clamp down on our freedoms, I fear many lives will be lost, not if, but when this coming collapse happens.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ONLY IN AMERICA

1) Only in America could the President talk about the greed of the rich at a

$35,000 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

2) Only in America could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a
black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal work force is black
while 12% of the population is black.

3) Only in America could we have had the two people most responsible
for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department
and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee,

BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

4) Only in America would we make people who want to legally become

American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of

thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who
sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens.

5) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the
budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be mocked by the

President and labeled "extremists" by the media.

6) Only in America are you required to present a driver's license to
cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

7) Only in America could the President and the media blame oil
companies for gouging the public because the price of gas went up

when the return on equity invested in a most major oil companies is

less than half that of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

8) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from
the people than any nation in recorded history, but still spend over a
trillion dollars more than it has per year while the President complain that
there is not nearly enough money to do what he wants.

9) Only in America could the people who pay 86% of all income taxes
be accused by the President of not paying their "fair share" on
behalf of the people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

upsgrunt

I'll triple down and take my chances.
Nothing could be worse than it is now.

I wanted BO to succeed; I wanted to cheer for him, even though I didn't vote for him.
To bad he won't let me.

There are legions of people who voted for him who also feel the same way.
Why would they waste their vote for "more of the same"?

I'm feeling like it may be a landslide defeat for Barry in November.

upsgrunt

Maybe similar, but gas, groceries, and utilities were much cheaper so it didn't seem as bad. I also didn't feel like a was being lied to and taken advantage of. This, of course, is just my opinion, and the reason I feel they are valid is because more and more people are telling me they feel the same way; more and more 2008 Obama voters.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe similar, but gas, groceries, and utilities were much cheaper so it didn't seem as bad. I also didn't feel like a was being lied to and taken advantage of. This, of course, is just my opinion, and the reason I feel they are valid is because more and more people are telling me they feel the same way; more and more 2008 Obama voters.
Gas, groceries and utilities were cheaper because the market to a monumental plunge. You are being lied to by those telling you that lower taxes and less regulation lead to success for all. Facts simply don't bare that out. They also will tell you debt is the biggest problem facing the country and austerity is the path. You don't want to be Europe, do you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gas, groceries and utilities were cheaper because the market to a monumental plunge. You are being lied to by those telling you that lower taxes and less regulation lead to success for all. Facts simply don't bare that out. They also will tell you debt is the biggest problem facing the country and austerity is the path. You don't want to be Europe, do you?
Or youcould say like Bob the Democrat says..."The deficit doesn't mean a thing, it doesn't matter."

bbsam

Staff member
Or youcould say like Bob the Democrat says..."The deficit doesn't mean a thing, it doesn't matter."
Actually the democrats agree that it matters, it's just not the most immediate threat to the economy. But you probably missed that since WZ didn't carry it.