Another call for a National Sick Day

Kiowascout

we need to do something that we can all take part in.
a slow down?
Slow our pace. look we all bust our butts daily. run, run, no breaks, push push all day.

*Linehaul mgmt pushes them to not take breaks. Stop take a coffee break! drive at a speed safe for the conditions you are in!!

*P&D Express/Ground take lunch. stop running, bring a few packages back.
just a few from each driver + late sorts will build and build. after 4 weeks of this they will have one heck of a mess.

Nov before extra ppl are hired and trained?

outtatime

we need to do something that we can all take part in.
a slow down?
Slow our pace. look we all bust our butts daily. run, run, no breaks, push push all day.

*Linehaul mgmt pushes them to not take breaks. Stop take a coffee break! drive at a speed safe for the conditions you are in!!

*P&D Express/Ground take lunch. stop running, bring a few packages back.
just a few from each driver + late sorts will build and build. after 4 weeks of this they will have one heck of a mess.

Nov before extra ppl are hired and trained?

Who exactly are you suggesting to slow down? Bringing any un-attempted packages back at Express for no reason will get you a warning letter so fast you won't know what happened.

l22

Already go slow as hell, I've been telling everyone to do this for a while now. My only goal when I'm on the road is to come back not having had an accident, if that means having lates, so be it. I'll message dispatch saying I need help, but I'm not going faster. I need to be home safe. If a manager questions me about "performance," I make sure I go even slower and everyone should do the same. If a coworker tells me I'm slow, I say, 'yes, I am.'

SmithBarney

Come on, people. Today's announcement...
What announcement? the "raises"

...now that they've finally come up with a better pay plan most newer couriers probably won't either.

the only thing "guaranteed" is this years 6% otherwise listen to frontline again, and listen to the carefully chosen words.(these are not verbatim)
Ten STEP program, not Ten YEAR (unfortunately VAN this year your performance has not allowed you to progress to the next STEP)
the $ amounts can change depending on factors
And notice the HR lady speaking can't even look into the camera for the announcement
This is either because she can't read a script well, but still horrible for our "production team" or I like to believe that she doesn't trust this plan, and is unconsciously sending a message of distrust about the company to us. (conspiracy!! either way it happened)

DontThrowPackages

Already go slow as hell, I've been telling everyone to do this for a while now. My only goal when I'm on the road is to come back not having had an accident, if that means having lates, so be it. I'll message dispatch saying I need help, but I'm not going faster. I need to be home safe. If a manager questions me about "performance," I make sure I go even slower and everyone should do the same. If a coworker tells me I'm slow, I say, 'yes, I am.'
You're not going slow, you're going safe.

vantexan

What announcement? the "raises"

the only thing "guaranteed" is this years 6% otherwise listen to frontline again, and listen to the carefully chosen words.(these are not verbatim)
Ten STEP program, not Ten YEAR (unfortunately VAN this year your performance has not allowed you to progress to the next STEP)
the $ amounts can change depending on factors
And notice the HR lady speaking can't even look into the camera for the announcement
This is either because she can't read a script well, but still horrible for our "production team" or I like to believe that she doesn't trust this plan, and is unconsciously sending a message of distrust about the company to us. (conspiracy!! either way it happened)
All conspiracies aside, if they don't implement this plan after announcing it they'll send everyone on the fence running to the door. This is a company acknowledging they had a problem last Christmas when they gave 15% extra to keep people from quitting. And Peak will always be their Achilles Heel. If the economy goes to hell they'll probably suspend it, otherwise they are finally up against the wall and have to do better by us.

whenIgetthere

All conspiracies aside, if they don't implement this plan after announcing it they'll send everyone on the fence running to the door. This is a company acknowledging they had a problem last Christmas when they gave 15% extra to keep people from quitting. And Peak will always be their Achilles Heel. If the economy goes to hell they'll probably suspend it, otherwise they are finally up against the wall and have to do better by us.

We were told the friends and family BS from last year will be cut back this year, and they won't be making as much. Yeah, I know, I'll believe it when I see it.

Purplepackage

We were told the friends and family BS from last year will be cut back this year, and they won't be making as much. Yeah, I know, I'll believe it when I see it.

You know the runners last year were making 20 dollars an hour, more than some of the full time guys they were sitting next too all day