Another one bites the dust....

tieguy

Banned
If you're going to be in a leadership position in todays world then you're clearly better off being a liberal with no principles to be held accountable for. As such a seedy lisping barney frank or a racist speaking harry reid are beyond reproach.

I wonder which story will get more play in the press this "who dat" christian leader having his gay fling or Obama's affair. On this board it appears the christian gay leader wins.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you're going to be in a leadership position in todays world then you're clearly better off being a liberal with no principles to be held accountable for. As such a seedy lisping barney frank or a racist speaking harry reid are beyond reproach.

I wonder which story will get more play in the press this "who dat" christian leader having his gay fling or Obama's affair. On this board it appears the christian gay leader wins.
Now that would have been a better title for this thread :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned

or this one. As a conservative it may be time for you to come out of the closet.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
how do you feel about Obama cheating on his wife?
I've seen/read no evidence of that. If it was in fact true you can bet it will be front page news and he'll get raked over the coals, just like Edwards and Spitzer. Personally I wouldn't care. I don't care that George Rekers is gay, that's his own business. The issue is that he's basically built his career on vilifying and attacking the gay community, ie, he's a truly monstrous hypocrite. People can(and often do) forgive their elected leaders for being human and making mistakes, but they tend to be a lot harder on hypocricy. That's basically why Clinton was able to save his job while Elliot Spitzer was forced to resign.

tieguy

Banned
I've seen/read no evidence of that. If it was in fact true you can bet it will be front page news and he'll get raked over the coals, just like Edwards and Spitzer. Personally I wouldn't care. I don't care that George Rekers is gay, that's his own business. The issue is that he's basically built his career on vilifying and attacking the gay community, ie, he's a truly monstrous hypocrite. People can(and often do) forgive their elected leaders for being human and making mistakes, but they tend to be a lot harder on hypocricy. That's basically why Clinton was able to save his job while Elliot Spitzer was forced to resign.

the same evidence is there of the christians downfall as there is of Obamas downfall. you chose to believe the one about the christian and devote a thread to it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
the same evidence is there of the christians downfall as there is of Obamas downfall. you chose to believe the one about the christian and devote a thread to it.
You're joking right? If not please post a link to this evidence, I'd love to see it.
Keep in mind that this guy was busted at the airport coming back from a 10 day vacation with a male prostitute that he hired from a website. He's fessed up to being on vacation with the guy. It's pretty much a slam dunk.

bbsam

Staff member
To answer your original question, I'm straight and go to church, though I'm hardly a conservative evangelical. Maybe it's the rights propensity for being loud and obnoxious that has people jumping to the conclusion that all christians must be right-wingers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
To answer your original question, I'm straight and go to church, though I'm hardly a conservative evangelical. Maybe it's the rights propensity for being loud and obnoxious that has people jumping to the conclusion that all christians must be right-wingers.
Wasn't really a question, I was just having a bit of fun :wink2:
Most people I know go to church and are decent folks. A very good friend of mine is a serious evangelical, we've had some pretty interesting debates/discussions.

tieguy

Banned
You're joking right? If not please post a link to this evidence, I'd love to see it.
Keep in mind that this guy was busted at the airport coming back from a 10 day vacation with a male prostitute that he hired from a website. He's fessed up to being on vacation with the guy. It's pretty much a slam dunk.

You should subscribe to more conservative news sources. Both stories are equally sleezy. your christian minister who was probably stalked by some liberal until caiught in the act and our president who may have had a little relationship going on back in 2004. We'll find out soon enough. some hard core right wingers have a million dollar offer out for the hotel video.

tieguy

Banned
Wasn't really a question, I was just having a bit of fun :wink2:
Most people I know go to church and are decent folks. A very good friend of mine is a serious evangelical, we've had some pretty interesting debates/discussions.

and having black friends keeps you from being a racist.:wink2:

SWORDFISH

Christian=gay hmmm..... Does that mean that anyone that does anything bad that is affiliated w/ a group your in that the represent the whole? Sounds like every single person in the world is in trouble then. :peaceful:

By the way it thought it was the Catholics that did the gay thing? :funny:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with being gay or being christian or even being both. What this guy is really guilty of is hypocrisy. He's spent his whole adult life attacking the gay community. He's both worked for and confounded organizations dedicated to denying rights to gay people and perpetuating the worst stereotypes of gays as sick and depraved individuals who need to be "fixed". He's been a peddler of hatred who has done real, lasting damage to the gay community as a result of his life's work. That's the issue. If he were just gay, it wouldn't (and shouldn't) be any big deal. And Sword the catholic church's problem is not with gay priests, it's with pedophile priests which is a completely different issue. Pedophilia is a crime, being gay is not. And the fact that people still get the two mixed up is directly attributable to people like George Rekers.

tieguy

Banned
Your defense of an attack on someone who is possibly a closet gay minister kind of misses the point I was addressing. I'm not rebutting that point . You're free to attack any gay minister interests you.

I was simply remarking on your story selection. You apparently expose yourself to news sources that highlight fallen conservatives but do not mention the controversey brewing over the presidents cheating stories. Many of those stories are easily googled or found on you.tube. That story has been partially confirmed by michele who has admitted to marriage difficulties in the past.

I thought your story selection here mirrored the bias in media that continues to take place.

I also think it highlights a fanaticism by the left that is unprecedented. There are media swat teams out there following around professed conservatives looking for anything they can find to destroy those on the conservative side.

Meanwhile a sleezeball like barney frank is left untouched.

when they can't find the news they want they create it as the controversey over the tea parties has shown.

ups1990

As a Christian, I can say that the church is full of hypocrisy and has gone away from true biblical teachings. It's more interested in making you feel good so you can give more money to the church. Money is spent on building a bigger more modern building. The pastors salary has gone up as well, because they live in a big house, children go to private school and drive a new car. The church has been going on for about 1955 years and still we have a number of denominations. One would think that we should have gotten closer to truth and have less teachings. Every denomination: Baptist,Methodist,Reform is reluctant to teach anything that is against what they have learned in seminary school.Obviously someone is teaching falsely.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You should subscribe to more conservative news sources. Both stories are equally sleezy. your christian minister who was probably stalked by some liberal until caiught in the act and our president who may have had a little relationship going on back in 2004. We'll find out soon enough. some hard core right wingers have a million dollar offer out for the hotel video.
A million dollars? I'm firing up photo shop and divx right now! You know what they say about fools and their money :happy-very:

SWORDFISH

As a Christian, I can say that the church is full of hypocrisy and has gone away from true biblical teachings. It's more interested in making you feel good so you can give more money to the church. Money is spent on building a bigger more modern building. The pastors salary has gone up as well, because they live in a big house, children go to private school and drive a new car. The church has been going on for about 1955 years and still we have a number of denominations. One would think that we should have gotten closer to truth and have less teachings. Every denomination: Baptist,Methodist,Reform is reluctant to teach anything that is against what they have learned in seminary school.Obviously someone is teaching falsely.

+1