Anthony Case

How about "Objection--assuming facts not in evidence?"
Pretty sure neither lawyer can object on these grounds during opening statements since at that time nothing is in evidence presented. That;s why I said earlier the they (either side) should be allowed to make wild ass claims that will not be submitted in testimony.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I believe that both sides should be required to submit their opening statements into the record prior to presenting them. The judge should review both, and render a decision based upon the facts of the case that are to be presented.

If the defense position is that they want to make a statement during opening but dont plan on presenting evidence to back it up, then it should be disallowed.

Confusing a jury is not a search for the truth.

What I wonder is why, if the defense knew the manner of death, the date of death and who was involved, WHY didnt they notify the police, the court or the prosecution? When did they know the "FACTS" of the case?

Did Casey Anthony admit to them the "TRUTH" back in July 2008? IF so, why did the defense let the child lay in the swamp to be eaten by animals until december? Why didnt the defense contact the police in July 2008 and simply tell them it was an accident and the body could be found in the swamp where it could have been recovered and given a proper burial? Why not notify the police of the conspiracy between George Anthony and Casey and change the direction of the investigation?

Does anyone see any logic to this reasoning? IF you do, then you have to reject the defense case and convict Casey Anthony.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't know, don't care. Karma cometh!!

No need to preach why I should care...yada, yada, yada,.......................ad nauseum

I believe that both sides should be required to submit their opening statements into the record prior to presenting them. The judge should review both, and render a decision based upon the facts of the case that are to be presented.

If the defense position is that they want to make a statement during opening but dont plan on presenting evidence to back it up, then it should be disallowed.

Confusing a jury is not a search for the truth.

What I wonder is why, if the defense knew the manner of death, the date of death and who was involved, WHY didnt they notify the police, the court or the prosecution? When did they know the "FACTS" of the case?

Did Casey Anthony admit to them the "TRUTH" back in July 2008? IF so, why did the defense let the child lay in the swamp to be eaten by animals until december? Why didnt the defense contact the police in July 2008 and simply tell them it was an accident and the body could be found in the swamp where it could have been recovered and given a proper burial? Why not notify the police of the conspiracy between George Anthony and Casey and change the direction of the investigation?

Does anyone see any logic to this reasoning? IF you do, then you have to reject the defense case and convict Casey Anthony.

Peace.

Once a lawyer is retained to represent someone they could not go to police and report the incident and keep their license to practice law.

As I understand it, after opening statements by both sides and the testimony part begins the prosecution can't address what the defense said in opening unless it has been entered into the testimony phase by the defense. It sounds screwed up to me, but that's how I understand what what was said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Casey Anthony was found not guilty. This means that Obama's economic team is only the second-most clueless group in America.

~Argus Hamilton~

The ugly otherside of this case!
There is no way to make this kind of action sound right.

This will happen over and over. This lady sees the handwriting on the wall.

They subjected themselves to their own prison with this stupid decision.

Peace.
Unfortunately you may be right, but there is no excuse to justify this kind of scrutiny.
I would be interested to see what each one has to say on why they voted the way they did.
I would have preferred a hung jury over an acquittal.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Another case , another jury that got it wrong.....................
[h=2]No Justice: Gladney Attackers Found Not Guilty[/h]St. Louis county jury found Elston McCowan and Perry Molens not guilty in the videotaped beating of Kenneth Gladney.
Elston McCowan, of St. Louis, and Perry Molens, of De Soto, had been charged with attacking a third man who was selling buttons outside the politically charged meeting, called by U.S. Rep. Russ Carnahan, D-St. Louis, at the height of debate over health care reform. Carnahan had wanted aging to be the subject, but many in the crowd wanted to argue over the president’s health care plan.
Kenneth Gladney said he was selling “Don’t Tread on Me” buttons and flags outside the forum when McCowan and Molens attacked him without provocation.
The two were charged with assaulting a person and interfering with police, both ordinance violations. The interfering with police charges were dropped and the trial was for assault charge, for which they could have each faced up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Also this fine SIEU member applied for workers comp. ..........
Elston McCowan applies for worker’s comp, says he was injured on the job during Gladney beating

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The jury got it right in this case.

This was a mutual combat situation. The guy selling buttons got himself involved in political rhetoric. A crowd gathered outside the meeting, and this guy fueled the fire by selling political rhetoric buttons while shouting at the crowd who was heckling him.

The hecklers, made fun of him, he stepped forward and away from his Button / flag stand and in an equal fashion, shouted at the SEIU members who were heckling him. Kenneth Gladney threw the FIRST PUNCH before the SEIU members cleaned his clock.

The jury, finding that Gladney encouraged the action was NOT savagely beaten or beaten without provocation.

Its a proper ruling and I hope he learned a lesson about jumping on the political bandwagon and being led to a meeting with heated and charged political rhetoric by political action committees.

In my case, in my area, the Lyndon LaRouche group were in town with their literature, stands and young men standing in front of supermarkets, post offices and libraries. ON their stands, they post large pictures of President Obama in various poses dressed like Adolf Hitler. They even add the little mustache to Obamas face.

As you walk up, they approach you and try to hand you literature while reciting some craziness about saving the country. One day, I visited my local market with three other guys on our harleys on our way out of town.

I was approached by one of the guys and as he tried to forcefully hand me some brochure, I told him very clear to move the friend* out of my way. He said " you must be one of those liberal wackos who likes the kenyan dictator". There was a crowd who were mainly dealing with the other guy asking why they defaced the president in this fashion.

In the meantime, the guy in front of me continued his attempted tirade until I put him on the ground. He attempted to get up and I put him down again. He started yelling "help, help help" "ive been assaulted", but it fell on deaf ears.

His cohort, came over and tried to defend him but my group made sure he was no threat. We let the guy get up and told him to pack up and hit the road. They called the Sheriff who came with three cars. We were questioned, witnesses were questioned and we were let go.

NO charges filed, NO arrests.

The sheriffs determined that the men were "antagonizing" the crowd and got what they asked for. They Agreed that their stand was politically charged rhetoric that was "inciting' trouble. They ordered the men to pack up and leave. I filed a complaint with the store manager along with the crowd who witnessed the event and the store then prevented these wackos from ever returning to their property.

Political rhetoric causes violence. Forcible rhetoric gets people hurt.

The case you cite is no different than my case. The guy got what he came for. A heated argument, a face full of fists and a trip to the hospital. The jury ruled properly.

Peace.

P.S.
Larouche group puts out garbage like this : http://www.larouchepac.com/node/18750
http://www.larouchepac.com/home

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/18590

Last edited:
The jury got it right in this case.

This was a mutual combat situation. The guy selling buttons got himself involved in political rhetoric. A crowd gathered outside the meeting, and this guy fueled the fire by selling political rhetoric buttons while shouting at the crowd who was heckling him.

The hecklers, made fun of him, he stepped forward and away from his Button / flag stand and in an equal fashion, shouted at the SEIU members who were heckling him. Kenneth Gladney threw the FIRST PUNCH before the SEIU members cleaned his clock.

The jury, finding that Gladney encouraged the action was NOT savagely beaten or beaten without provocation.

Its a proper ruling and I hope he learned a lesson about jumping on the political bandwagon and being led to a meeting with heated and charged political rhetoric by political action committees.

In my case, in my area, the Lyndon LaRouche group were in town with their literature, stands and young men standing in front of supermarkets, post offices and libraries. ON their stands, they post large pictures of President Obama in various poses dressed like Adolf Hitler. They even add the little mustache to Obamas face.

As you walk up, they approach you and try to hand you literature while reciting some craziness about saving the country. One day, I visited my local market with three other guys on our harleys on our way out of town.

I was approached by one of the guys and as he tried to forcefully hand me some brochure, I told him very clear to move the friend* out of my way. He said " you must be one of those liberal wackos who likes the kenyan dictator". There was a crowd who were mainly dealing with the other guy asking why they defaced the president in this fashion.

In the meantime, the guy in front of me continued his attempted tirade until I put him on the ground. He attempted to get up and I put him down again. He started yelling "help, help help" "ive been assaulted", but it fell on deaf ears.

His cohort, came over and tried to defend him but my group made sure he was no threat. We let the guy get up and told him to pack up and hit the road. They called the Sheriff who came with three cars. We were questioned, witnesses were questioned and we were let go.

NO charges filed, NO arrests.

The sheriffs determined that the men were "antagonizing" the crowd and got what they asked for. They Agreed that their stand was politically charged rhetoric that was "inciting' trouble. They ordered the men to pack up and leave. I filed a complaint with the store manager along with the crowd who witnessed the event and the store then prevented these wackos from ever returning to their property.

Political rhetoric causes violence. Forcible rhetoric gets people hurt.

The case you cite is no different than my case. The guy got what he came for. A heated argument, a face full of fists and a trip to the hospital. The jury ruled properly.

Peace.

P.S.
Larouche group puts out garbage like this : http://www.larouchepac.com/node/18750
http://www.larouchepac.com/home

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/18590
Yea boy, two big guys on one mediem sized guy, those union goons are real bad asses aren't they?

wkmac

NO, its more of a magnet that keeps drawing people into believing the nonsense of the Lyndon Larouche group.

Peace.

Well it would appear from all I've seen over the years here at BC that it's only been you whose been affected by Larouche's "magnetic" persona. Because in my nearly 10 years here, I think your's is the first post ever linking to anything relating to Larouche!

Congrats!

:wink2:

Dude, you just layed that one over the plate and I just couldn't lay off and had to swing for the cheap seats!
:happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"the guy in front of me continued his attempted tirade until I put him on the ground. He attempted to get up and I put him down again. "

Yes ,you are guilty of using violence to achieve your goal. Please report to your local DNC office for your official issued goon uniform.