Any amazon contractors here?

Discussion in 'USPS, DHL, Amazon, Drones, etc.' started by 12yearsaslave, Jul 7, 2016.

1. 12yearsaslave

12yearsaslave Member

Was wondering if there's anyone that is contracted or working for a contractor delivering Amazon. Can you share your experience?
  2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

3. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

Just started my first day for amazon flex today.. I worked a "4 hour" ($72) shift. They gave me 15 packages. I drove 20 miles, and it took me.....1 hour and 30 min As a pt cover driver that has 2 peaks plus of ups driving experience, this was the easiest money I ever made. I will be trying to get as many shifts as I can lol
  4. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Did you drive a company truck or your personal vehicle
  5. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

I drove my own car
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Have you told your insurance company yet?
  7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

All my amazon orders say guaranteed by 8pm. I guess that's why they don't use ups
  8. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Those hours worked count into your "hours of service" for DOT purposes
  9. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a neat retirement gig
  10. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I think there is a small vehicle exemption.
  11. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

But if he drives an over 10k vehicle for UPS, any paid hours count towards HOS.
  12. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

Hell no lol... We do have some kind of insurance through amazon but I haven't read it yet
  13. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Your personal insurance probably will drop you
  14. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

Im a private contractor I'd have to give them my hours myself amazon doesn't have to comply with dot because I technically don't work for them...and I only drive ups peak until my seniority gets up. I'm not playing the call in game for 18.75 with ups down your back for EVERYTHING when I can deliver stress free for a little less and work hub for benefits
  15. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

UPDATE!!! after a few more shifts I've found they give enough work to maybe stress someone who has never delivered before but for someone that has even been a driver helper or hub worker this is the easiest money ever... I'm about to buy a van and turn it into a PC LOL!
  16. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

How are your routes calculated? By Zip Code? Random?
  17. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Magic 8 ball
  18. 12yearsaslave

12yearsaslave Member

Any contractors?