Advice for Amazon/Fedex?

One of the reasons - possibly the only reason - the Teamsters are making so much noise over this contract is that they want to unionize FedEx and Amazon. So they have to make it look like they actually make an effort to help their dues-paying members.

I'm not opposed to unions in principle. Given the extraordinary corruption in corporate America, how can workers survive without them? However, it doesn't make any sense to have a union that just helps your employer stab you in the back.

With that said, are there any good unions in America? If someone working for FedEx or Amazon asked you which union they should choose, what advice would you give them?

I have abundant experience with the National Education Association and Teamsters, both of which are putrid. When I worked at the U.S. Post Office, I didn't belong to the union, but I saw what it did for its members - nothing.

I've heard good things about the Longshoremen, or whatever their union's called.

Does anyone know of any good unions?

542thruNthru

One of the reasons - possibly the only reason - the Teamsters are making so much noise over this contract is that they want to unionize FedEx and Amazon. So they have to make it look like they actually make an effort to help their dues-paying members.

I'm not opposed to unions in principle. Given the extraordinary corruption in corporate America, how can workers survive without them? However, it doesn't make any sense to have a union that just helps your employer stab you in the back.

With that said, are there any good unions in America? If someone working for FedEx or Amazon asked you which union they should choose, what advice would you give them?

I have abundant experience with the National Education Association and Teamsters, both of which are putrid. When I worked at the U.S. Post Office, I didn't belong to the union, but I saw what it did for its members - nothing.

I've heard good things about the Longshoremen, or whatever their union's called.

AcrobaticAgreeableBluefish-max-1mb.gif
4G9b.gif

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers

How did this guy get banned so quickly?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

“Freethinker” must mean incapable of logical thought.
Of the top 4 shipping companies, two are Union and two are not. Ups and DHL are Union and Fedex and Amazon are not. Care to guess which companies have the best pay, benefits and pension? Neither nonunion company has a pension for one. If being Union is so bad, why did Bezos and Fred S spend billions to keep them out? Go back to the bottom of the rock.