Any Online DIAD III Training Materials You Guys Know About? To Help the Peak Newbies

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Any Online DIAD III Training Materials You Guys Know About? To Help the Peak Newb

You don't need to know how to use DIAD if your just starting monday. Your not going to help your driver out becasue you actually need to use the DIAD to get good at it and with only 19 work days left before X-mass it is going to be easier and faster for your driver to just scan the packages and have to be the runner.

Most centers require a minimum number of stops in the helper board. I think our center asks for 25. My helper and I usually split almost 50/50. He is to the point where I can send him in to a medical office building with multiple stops and he delivers them all with no problem.

UPSGUY72

Re: Any Online DIAD III Training Materials You Guys Know About? To Help the Peak Newb

Most centers require a minimum number of stops in the helper board. I think our center asks for 25. My helper and I usually split almost 50/50. He is to the point where I can send him in to a medical office building with multiple stops and he delivers them all with no problem.

30 in my building I let my helper do most of them. But some helpers just don't understand it and casue more problem .

ziggy

I had my first day as a seasonal helper on Wednesday and after my driver realized that we were not trained on the DIAD, he took care of the scanning and I ran to the doors with the packages.

After using it a few times, and looking over my packet of directions, I think I can now take care of the basic functions, but it didn't seem like it slowed my driver down any. While I'd run up to the door, he would take care of the next stop by finding and scanning the packages. Then I'd run them too the door, rinse and repeat.